How Hawkeye Hoops Stacks Up in B1G

Wisconsin will get Kobe King back from injury as well - I don't think he played any Big 10 games. I actually think Wisconsin will be a potential tourney team if things can come together for them.

King and Trice both were hurt early. Wisconsin was playing well at the end of the year. Badgers will be good again.

Very good information in the article. After reading it the one thing that would have made the article more complete would have been a final analysis of, as the article indicates, of how Iowa stacks up against the rest of the teams in the conference. Where you think they will finish based on the information given and why.

For example, if I am going car shopping and I am comparing 14 cars against each other and determining how they STACK up against each other. I may list their individual features but then I would come back and list them in my favorite order then explain why I chose that particular order.

I will make my picks closer to the season when I look at things more closely. As the capsules say, it’s an early outlook providing a lot of information for the reader to look over at the beginning of June.

Good information and a very interesting year for the conference ahead. Picking the standings would be next to impossible.

I think Illinois and Rutgers stand out as the two worst, and MSU might be slightly ahead of the pack with the guys they return, however after that I think the difference between teams 2-12 is razor thin.

Last edited:
I didn't include it in this writeup, but if John Beilein leaves for the Pistons, that's a big hit to Michigan but also the league.

I will make my picks closer to the season when I look at things more closely. As the capsules say, it’s an early outlook providing a lot of information for the reader to look over at the beginning of June.

That’s understandable as it is the beginning of June. It does give us something to think and talk about at this dead time of the year.

It’s almost too early to make serious predictions for both major sports. History on the forum favors several more threads on winl/loss expectation and starting positions for both programs before kickoff time.

I do expect both programs to be much better than last year. I see us possibly piercing the twenty win mark in basketball and 8-9 wins on the football side of things. If the linebackers can step up and do a good job maybe ten wins for the football team.

Yeah Beilein was just posturing for more $ on his next deal... I didn't think him flirting with the Pistons was all that serious. We couldn't get that lucky...

Not to be Debby Downer here, but the fact that we return essentially 100% of our defense from a team that gave up the most PPG in the B1G since like 1995 doesn't bode well for us stacking up against any team in the B1G...

Yeah Beilein was just posturing for more $ on his next deal... I didn't think him flirting with the Pistons was all that serious. We couldn't get that lucky...

The football coach there makes $9M annually and the basketball coach wins. I'd give him some more money.

Not to be Debby Downer here, but the fact that we return essentially 100% of our defense from a team that gave up the most PPG in the B1G since like 1995 doesn't bode well for us stacking up against any team in the B1G...
In my best HN homer voice...

But...but...Joe W!!!!!!