How does this work ?

steamer8

I have seen that their are some young people who graduated high school at the semester and enrolled in college. There are some who have joined their schools basketball team and are playing. I am wondering how it effects their eligibility down the road. Will they still be freshman next basketball season?

I have seen that their are some young people who graduated high school at the semester and enrolled in college. There are some who have joined their schools basketball team and are playing. I am wondering how it effects their eligibility down the road. Will they still be freshman next basketball season?
They will still be freshmen next season because they no one is losing a year of eligibility this year because of covid.

If i am reading it correctly, as long as a player stays at his/her current school, they keep a year of eligibility. If they transfer it goes away. So JBo or Garzilla COULD come back to Iowa next year and be eligible. I'm not saying they will, only that they could.

Simply my $0.02 .. ..

If they did come back, they could notch some serious career records. They wont come back, nor should they.
I was talking with my wife about that. Would they have to put an asterisk by those records? Not count the years where they didn't use eligibility? Consider it like the switch from freshman ineligibility to 4 year careers? Just leave them in there and dominate the books?

I'm not sure how many team/national records this would affect, so it may not be a big deal, but the ones that are affected could be put out of reach. Could you imagine Iowa's record at 3200+? He could put himself 2nd all time.

1614782982842.png

Good evening.

There is no terror in Garza risking injury and losses of millions of dollars returning to school next year, only in the anticipation of it. Give the fans pleasure. The same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare. What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out.

JBO has been quoted in the media as saying this is his last year. No way Luka returns, either. Probably for the best.

Latest posts