How disgusting how the Big Ten Title Game loser will likely get punished

HaydenHawk56

"Punished being a New Years Six Game", but Ohio St can just wait in the weeds and potentially steal the Grand Daddy of them all. Or, if a Clemson or Bama drops one, Ohio St can also wait in the weeds and get into the playoffs (not necessarly a bad thing for us if that happens).

And Ohio St can do this all by sitting idle and only beating one ranked team all year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OSU could even jump MSU for the Rose Bowl if we beat MSU....despite MSU beating OSU at there place.

And Herby already talking OSU up in the dwindling minutes of the Oklahoma/Ok ST game.

"Punished being a New Years Six Game", but Ohio St can just wait in the weeds and potentially steal the Grand Daddy of them all. Or, if a Clemson or Bama drops one, Ohio St can also wait in the weeds and get into the playoffs (not necessarly a bad thing for us if that happens).

And Ohio St can do this all by sitting idle and only beating one ranked team all year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OSU could even jump MSU for the Rose Bowl if we beat MSU....despite MSU beating OSU at there place.

And Herby already talking OSU up in the dwindling minutes of the Oklahoma/Ok ST game.
I stopped watching games that Herbstreit calls beginning last year. He's also the main reason why I stopped watching the ESPn College Game Day show as well. I am so tired of him getting away with plugging osu in every game he calls, it's really not fair to all the other schools in college football. He truly is the buckeyes on air public relations representative. Chris Carter is just as bad with osu when he appears on Mike & Mike. He pulls the same BS as Herbstreit does.

I bet they'll be #6 or #7 on Tues with Baylor and ND losing. All depends where they put Stanford.

Hopefully the Rose would take Iowa regardless.

Let's just win Sat and make it all moot!

Life ain't fair....
That said, should we lose the next one, we will head Rose as our fans will FLOCK there.
MSU would be the one in trouble if they lose...they don't travel well

Or we just beat MSU......

Yes...just win....beat MSU...but the Ohio thugs and cocky Urban can stand back and smirk their way in with some help. Like gum on your shoe. Going to really suck if we lose the Rose to them if it comes down to that.

I have a hard time seeing the Rose taking a one loss Iowa over a one loss Ohio State.

Not a good comparison. We will have played one more game and had better wins than OSU, and won our div. They got 2nd place and sat home while we played for all the marbles.

Plus OSU IS NOT going to want to be in Pasadena. Hawks would kill to be there.

Life ain't fair....
That said, should we lose the next one, we will head Rose as our fans will FLOCK there.
MSU would be the one in trouble if they lose...they don't travel well

How bout we FLOCK to the game that if we win, we'll get in the PLAYOFFS!!!

Hashtag Can't wait for Indy!!
Hashtag Win this and I'm going to Dallas or Miami

I believe the Rose Bowl will either take or the Big 10 will promote the best team that has been hasn't been to the Rose Bowl most recently. That means Michigan State is left out if this is true. It'll either be Iowa or Ohio State assuming only one Big 10 team is in the playoff.

Not a good comparison. We will have played one more game and had better wins than OSU, and won our div. They got 2nd place and sat home while we played for all the marbles.

Plus OSU IS NOT going to want to be in Pasadena. Hawks would kill to be there.

Beating Michigan like a rented mule is a better win than any win Iowa has to date. And I think you're underestimating Ohio State's hunger right now. What they did today, IMO, is what they're going to do to every upcoming opponent, whether that's in a bowl game or the playoffs.

I have a hard time seeing the Rose taking a one loss Iowa over a one loss Ohio State.
It's in the "optics" as to how you sell it. A 12 win Iowa or an 11 win Ohio State? Which one is better? On the surface the 12 win Iowa sounds better and both teams would have lost to a common opponent. Less equivalency worded this way.

Actually no, I wasn't referring to optics as the talking heads have been flooding us with this year. That is Latin for "I don't care if you are winning, I still think this team is better even though they lost". (Alabama, OU) Why even play the games if results don't matter. Sorry, that is off topic, that optics term just drives me nuts.
I was referring to OSU ranked at 7, and us at 4. If we lose, we will drop below OSU. In this case, sitting at home will value OSU.

Actually no, I wasn't referring to optics as the talking heads have been flooding us with this year. That is Latin for "I don't care if you are winning, I still think this team is better even though they lost". (Alabama, OU) Why even play the games if results don't matter. Sorry, that is off topic, that optics term just drives me nuts.
I was referring to OSU ranked at 7, and us at 4. If we lose, we will drop below OSU. In this case, sitting at home will value OSU.

Because the level of competition does matter. Having one more win than another team doesn't automatically make your team better.

The only loser of this game that gets punished is if IOWA loses as it could knock us out of the Rose Bowl. I think MSU will still get taken care of if it loses since they won the H2H against OSU.

The only loser of this game that gets punished is if IOWA loses as it could knock us out of the Rose Bowl. I think MSU will still get taken care of if it loses since they won the H2H against OSU.

No they wouldn't, if what Jon printed about the Rose is true. They would fall below OSU in pecker order and get that vaunted Peach matchup with Houston.

The fiesta bowl vs notre dame doesn't sound too bad does it? What would suck is playing either north Carolina or Houston. UNC is a great team but them against iowa isn't really interesting to anyone at all...imo. it would be a "who cares" game and after the season iowa just had that would be an unfortunate ending

The powers that be would love nothing more than for the Hawks to fall into an uninteresting matchup in a fallback bowl game. Get those little old Hawks put out of their misery.....

Latest posts