How did the new right guard and tackle grade out?

uihawk82

I didnt hear until late in the game that the starting right guard and tackle were out. Was that the case and why?

Who played those positions and how did they do?

It's weird...they haven't really said what was wrong with them. Kallenberger at this point has played alot...he's solid. We were really rotating alot of people at the guard position. Ince, Banwart, Britt, and a few others played some guard. The even got a few freshmen in there.

It's weird...they haven't really said what was wrong with them. Kallenberger at this point has played alot...he's solid. We were really rotating alot of people at the guard position. Ince, Banwart, Britt, and a few others played some guard. The even got a few freshmen in there.

Well that will give the coaches and players a lot of tape to look at. I thought Cronk was just average at RT.

I didnt hear until late in the game that the starting right guard and tackle were out. Was that the case and why?

Who played those positions and how did they do?
Actually Great Question - I would like some expert opinion on how Every Position did. I gave out grades on another site until it less popular. Only did the Grades thing to spark a convo. Does anyone do that here?

Sounded like they moved ince to left guard, and had cole banwart at right most of the game. Trying to remember if it was plumb or richmond that started over there. Want to say it was plumb and richmond came in later. Could have those two switched around.

I just rewatched the game, focusing only on our OL and here are my takes:

Ince was much better than Banwart. Banwart is similar to Schott, in that he doesn't block well in space and doesn't have great feet, but Schott is dominant at the point of attack, and Banwart was average at best.

Ince was very good at the point of attack and was average in space, which is the reason guys play guard. He gets out well when he pulls and is good when the pull takes him to the right side of the LOS, which is how he's mostly used, but not real good in the couple of plays when he pulled around the end. The way they used motion really set up some nice blocking angles for he and Jackson, especially on the goal line. If Ince plays like he did Saturday, we'll be fine.

Kallenberger was very good in space and at the point of attack. He did a nice job sealing off the outside so our pullers/ lead blockers had a lot of sideline to work with.

Actually Great Question - I would like some expert opinion on how Every Position did. I gave out grades on another site until it less popular. Only did the Grades thing to spark a convo. Does anyone do that here?

There used to be a poster on this site called HawkeyeGameFilm iirc. He was a former hawk and NFL player and he would grade each unit and discuss players work during the game. It was great reading but I dont think he is on here now

Where the hell is IowaLaw? Did he finally get his own blog?

I'm sure you guys saw today but it seems like the new guys started cause schott and cronk were out with covid. The team can't say that cause of hipaa violations but it seems like how the whole thing comes down seems to be whats happening when dudes have covid. so we won't see them for at least another week.

I'm sure you guys saw today but it seems like the new guys started cause schott and cronk were out with covid. The team can't say that cause of hipaa violations but it seems like how the whole thing comes down seems to be whats happening when dudes have covid. so we won't see them for at least another week.
I didn't see this. Dolph said on the pregame show Saturday that Cronk was out with a back injury and Schott is out with mono. Not doubting what you are posting. Just came as a surprise to me because I heard otherwise.

I didn't see this. Dolph said on the pregame show Saturday that Cronk was out with a back injury and Schott is out with mono. Not doubting what you are posting. Just came as a surprise to me because I heard otherwise.

Mono is no joke for these ball players. I remember seeing that Doerring kid over at the Hillcrest dining hall after he had mono and he just looked like a slightly big dude, nothing like a D-1 lineman. I think it set his career back quite a bit.

Man, Hillcrest dining hall was so awesome. They had unlimited newspapers and all you can eat. The key was if you got there before 11 it was only $4 and you could eat breakfast food and then lunch. Damn, I miss that.

I would think because of Big 10 covid protocols just the fact that Iowa had a few players with covid they would have to state that in the open without saying names, and also maybe go into some protocols.

Mono is no joke for these ball players. I remember seeing that Doerring kid over at the Hillcrest dining hall after he had mono and he just looked like a slightly big dude, nothing like a D-1 lineman. I think it set his career back quite a bit.

Man, Hillcrest dining hall was so awesome. They had unlimited newspapers and all you can eat. The key was if you got there before 11 it was only $4 and you could eat breakfast food and then lunch. Damn, I miss that.
Yeah Hillcrest was top notch. Had a buddy in Burge, that place was disgusting

Yeah Hillcrest was top notch. Had a buddy in Burge, that place was disgusting

Man, I used to get "Crestified" at least 3x a week in law school. It was so close to the law building. One day there was some sort of closure of The Crest and I went over to Burge. That place might as well have been on a different planet. My guess is they made The Crest hella nice and that is where they took everyone on the tour and then when you get there, SURPRISE, YOU LIVE IN BURGE!

Latest posts