HOw can we sign atwood and dickerson?

franstheman

If they're juniors wouldn't that put them in the same class as gesell, clemmons, woody and uthoff? 6 is a lot for one class.

That was my thought as well. Next year you only have 1 (Jok) in the Sophomore class and 2 (Ellingson and Uhl) in the Freshman class. Puts a ton of pressure on recruiting a large class for one year with 6 graduating.

True. And Atwood is a beast. I feel his physical style is something that can help us in the B1G. And Dickerson is a real talented PG and would be nice to have him join PJ's class.

And with Francis watching them both a couple weeks ago, then them openly talking about playing together and now Fran now visiting both in person today it seems we could potentially get some good news tonight??

And with Francis watching them both a couple weeks ago, then them openly talking about playing together and now Fran now visiting both in person today it seems we could potentially get some good news tonight??

do they have to decide soon or say they were announcing soon or are you just speculating because Fran is there? I haven't been following other than I saw a tweet about Fran visiting this week.

If they both sign the scholarship distribution next year would be

3 seniors (White, Oleshani, Oglesby)
5 juniors (Woody, Uthoff, Gesell, Clemmons, Atwood)
3 sophs (Jok, Dickerson, Meyer)
2 frosh (Uhl, Ellingson)

To fully balance out I could see them going for a JUCO again in a couple of years to fill out the Uhl/Ellingson class.

True. And Atwood is a beast. I feel his physical style is something that can help us in the B1G. And Dickerson is a real talented PG and would be nice to have him join PJ's class.

With Atwood, at his position, it could be a benefit for him to be a junior in 2014. He could step right into some minutes vacated by Basabe and McCabe with some experience behind him. In 2015, he will be a senior and could tutor an incoming frosh at IA. As a player, he shoots a high number of FTs with a good %, something that would fit in well with Fran's attacking style. I think he would be a good fit.

With Dickerson, you have to look at him as a guard who excels at making plays off the dribble. We haven't had a quick guard like him in some. Next year, with Marble leaving, outside of MG, with the possible exception of Jok, we won't have anyone who really 'excels' at making plays off the dribble as their bread and butter. I'm slightly concerned with Trey's 3pt% (34%) but that may have to do with the high volume he has to take on his team. Purcell, a 6'5" SG we're also looking at, shoots 42% from 3, but probably doesn't shoot as much from outside because of his ridiculous hops. Despite this, Dickerson's form looks better from 3 than Purcell's.

Tweeterverse said that Fran is watching Atwood today and flying to see Dickerson tonight, so an offer soon? Who's subbing for Fran tonight on Hawk Talk?

I think both of these guys would fit in right away. Attwood would be addtion at the 4. We already have two points but Dickerson would be a year behind them. Go get em Fran!

Latest posts