How bad Texas must hate Delany and B10

doughuddl

These are the number I came up with for lost revenue the Longhorn cable network would have brought in if the B12 stayed intact.

307 mil US population
24 mil Texas population (8%)
100 mil cable subscribers (63 mil basic, 37 HD mil)
8 mil Texas cable subscriptions (estimate of 8% of 100 mil)
$6 mil fee per month (estimate low end $.75 a month per subscriber)

$72,000,000.00 a year

Anybody see a problem with these numbers?

I just don't see them coming to the B10 after this.

Texas is a cancer in college sports...They are like having Milton Bradley in your locker room. They will be fine in a conference for awhile after that they will want more or everything.

These are the number I came up with for lost revenue the Longhorn cable network would have brought in if the B12 stayed intact.

307 mil US population

$72,000,000.00 a year

Yes, they would only get 50% of the total revenue and that is pre-expenses. BTN is 50% owned by FOX.

Texas is a cancer in college sports...They are like having Milton Bradley in your locker room. They will be fine in a conference for awhile after that they will want more or everything.

Nice analogy, I completely agree.

307 mil US population

$72,000,000.00 a year

Yes, they would only get 50% of the total revenue and that is pre-expenses. BTN is 50% owned by FOX.

No other conference is gonna let them in without sharing (this would be why the B12 is now imploding)...and if Big T wants to go it alone...the other conferences are gonna squeeze them. The football schedule won't have a SOS value, unless it is a negative number. Without a conference tie-in, they won't have regular rivalries, and they will soon be irrelavent. I should preface this by saying-if re-alignment goes to 4 super conferences and Texas goes independant.

No other conference is gonna let them in without sharing (this would be why the B12 is now imploding)...and if Big T wants to go it alone...the other conferences are gonna squeeze them. The football schedule won't have a SOS value, unless it is a negative number. Without a conference tie-in, they won't have regular rivalries, and they will soon be irrelavent. I should preface this by saying-if re-alignment goes to 4 super conferences and Texas goes independant.

I really hope that Texas doesn't join the Big 10. We can still do business with them though. Have them join the Pac# and then put together a media distribution with the PAC# and our Fox partnership.

Nice analogy, I completely agree.

Texas is a little better than Milton Bradley, more like T.O. or maybe even shaq who has won almost everywhere he goes but eventually makes problems (stan van gundy, kobe, reports he caused tension in cleveland, wanting out of phoenix, etc etc)

I dont want Texas either. They want their own network like ND has with NBC. If Texas should be mad at anyone it should be the Pac10 for giving them the middle finger and adding Colorado. Colorado? Really? They bring nothing to the table.

Texas won't have a Texas only network in the Pac Ten or Big Ten. Obviously it wasn't happening for them in the Big 12 either. If they would have wanted the Big 12 to stay intact, they could have made it happen, but today Nebraska revealed that Texas did not want a Big 12 network, only a Texas network so to speak. so it is not the Big ten that Texas hates, it is their own conference.

Latest posts