Hoops Recruiting Notebook: Hawkeyes Remain Involved with Nijel Pack

I think Iowa is going to regret waiting too long to offer Pack, but I hope I’m wrong.

Also starting to fear this 2020 class is going to underwhelm. This is a huge class for this program.

Don’t hear much on Iowa and Tyler Beard anymore even though he maintains he would like to visit. Fran and Co. have thrown our names in the mix with a bunch of top end guys but most seem like pretty big long-shots at this point. If we don’t land XF, and we miss on Beard and Polk, that would be underwhelming imo. Obviously it’s super early in the game and new positive developments could occur.

In positive news I think we are in a pretty good spot with Harvey. He could help ease the burden on the 2020 class.

Didn’t even realize Jerry Stackhouse is now the coach at Vanderbilt.

They are 6-30 in their last 36 SEC games (fired Bryce Drew after this season), and have only danced twice in the last 7 years, but for some reason people still view it as a good basketball school.

In 2018 Vanderbilt signed a five star point guard and a five star power forward so they might try and sell him on the future. If those guys are really good they probably will be gone before he can play.

First of all those Kansas State jerseys are hideous.

Second, I don’t understand why Fran and Co didn’t offer this kid. Maybe they thought his lack of size and Joe T’s lack of height wasn’t a good combo. Maybe there was more to the story than we know but this kid seemed pretty talented and interested in Iowa.

There was a Michigan point guard that went to Iowa State that was a friends of the Marbles that Fran could of pursued. McCaffery was satisfied with what Iowa already had or were pursuing.