Homer's Petty shot of the week

homerHAWKeye777

Sorry can't help it ....

Through week 2 ...

Jason Ford (Illinois) - 16 carries for 40 yards

Paki O'Meara (Iowa) - 10 carries for 56 yards

That is all ... carry on!

also makes you wonder about mr barrett (spell?) that slammed us when he switched to MSU a couple years back. not holding a grudge at all, just wonder what some kids think looking back and if they think "what if..."

Yeah that David Barrent was crazy. How the hell they got him to switch and go to MS freaking U is a mystery. I don't know if he watched any Hawks games in his lifetime but we know a little somethign about turning kids into great offensive linemen.

I would have LOVED to have gotten his reaction after we McNutted on MSU last year.

also makes you wonder about mr barrett (spell?) that slammed us when he switched to MSU a couple years back. not holding a grudge at all, just wonder what some kids think looking back and if they think "what if..."

Right now Barrent is a 2nd teamer at OT and he's just a RS FR. In other words, I don't think that there's any evidence yet that he's made a poor choice. Furthermore, with Reiff already being a starter and with Nolan MacMillan already looking pretty impressive (and receiving starts) ... Barrent's decision might be looking even more inspired.

However, if in a few years Barrent isn't starting ... then yeah, he'll probably be on the receiving end of a petty post by yours truly. In the recruiting game ... I do hold grudges (yes, I am a small, small man).

Wait for next week ... if MSU defeats Notre Dame, Brian Smith will be on the receiving end. Heck, it's bad enough for him that he's no longer even a starter there!

Sorry can't help it ....

Through week 2 ...

Jason Ford (Illinois) - 16 carries for 40 yards

Paki O'Meara (Iowa) - 10 carries for 56 yards

That is all ... carry on!

At the time that he switched his commitment to Illinois I said he would regret that decision. Maybe he does maybe he doesn't, hell, for all I know winning football games doesn't interest him in the least. There, now THAT was petty.

Yeah that David Barrent was crazy. How the hell they got him to switch and go to MS freaking U is a mystery. I don't know if he watched any Hawks games in his lifetime but we know a little somethign about turning kids into great offensive linemen.

I would have LOVED to have gotten his reaction after we McNutted on MSU last year.

David Barrent's dad's college roommate is one of the football coaches for MSU, that probably helped with him choosing the Spartans. .

Right now Barrent is a 2nd teamer at OT and he's just a RS FR. In other words, I don't think that there's any evidence yet that he's made a poor choice. Furthermore, with Reiff already being a starter and with Nolan MacMillan already looking pretty impressive (and receiving starts) ... Barrent's decision might be looking even more inspired.

However, if in a few years Barrent isn't starting ... then yeah, he'll probably be on the receiving end of a petty post by yours truly. In the recruiting game ... I do hold grudges (yes, I am a small, small man).

Wait for next week ... if MSU defeats Notre Dame, Brian Smith will be on the receiving end. Heck, it's bad enough for him that he's no longer even a starter there!

Brian Smith isn't even starting for that horrible ND defense? That's beautiful.

Count me in with the crowd that says no apology is needed, Homer.

I know he suffered a pretty serious injury during camp, so maybe this is out of bounds, but I'd nominate Munir Prince as another future target of the Petty Shot of the Week. If I remember right, he couldn't believe we didn't want him to play running back. So he went to ND, then transferred to Missouri and at the time of his injury, was a senior buried on the depth chart at cornerback, playing mainly on special teams.

What happened to Brian Smith? He was playing quite a bit his freshman year. Did he get major injury at some point or something?

Brian Smith isn't even starting for that horrible ND defense? That's beautiful.

Count me in with the crowd that says no apology is needed, Homer.

I know he suffered a pretty serious injury during camp, so maybe this is out of bounds, but I'd nominate Munir Prince as another future target of the Petty Shot of the Week. If I remember right, he couldn't believe we didn't want him to play running back. So he went to ND, then transferred to Missouri and at the time of his injury, was a senior buried on the depth chart at cornerback, playing mainly on special teams.

Outstanding. Totally agree. I love being petty! (Not Richard.) :eek::p;)

What happened to Brian Smith? He was playing quite a bit his freshman year. Did he get major injury at some point or something?

He got a little dose of his own medicine ... that's what happened. He shows a lack of loyalty to Iowa by jumping at the last moment to ND ... now he's on the receiving end because a new coaching staff at ND isn't loyal to him even though he's a prior multi-year starter.

Latest posts