Holy shit how wrong has this board been?

InGoodCo

Seriously..... you guys made me turn on Fran when I’m reality he recruited really well and put together an amazing class and team. Might not be elite, but they know how to put the ball in the bucket and he can actually absorb attrition like TC and IM and still field and competent team

Last edited:
Throw me in too. I have always loved Fran. Not only what he did, coming behind Lick. But I love his intensity too. I admit tho, I bought in that this team in weak and recruits coming weren’t much better.
Love being wrong about it cuz I really want us to succeed WITH Fran. These players he has are ballers and MENTALLY TOUGH, even if not the most athletic. Gotta praise Fran for what he is doing.

Throw me in too. I have always loved Fran. Not only what he did, coming behind Lick. But I love his intensity too. I admit tho, I bought in that this team in weak and recruits coming weren’t much better.
Love being wrong about it cuz I really want us to succeed WITH Fran. These players he has are ballers and MENTALLY TOUGH, even if not the most athletic. Gotta praise Fran for what he is doing.

ha, this was a very drunk post. But

I think we might have a really really good coach, that understands what it takes to win at Iowa. I think the Moss deal, well, it appears maybe he was right in playing Connor more down the stretch last season. He gets completely blasted for his recruiting - it's time to recognize game. Iowa hasn't won at ISU since an NIT game in 2003 and the way they won? Wouldn't it be something if all the hand wringing over Fran, his contract and his kid ended up working in favor for Iowa? I mean, he's the 10th highest paid coach in the conference/// Iowa isn't really getting the raw end of this deal thus far. It just proves that most people (myself included) have almost 0 idea what they are talking about. No one on this board has a better idea about Iowa basketball then Fran

Next year should be exciting too. If JBo shuts it down, we will have 5 starters returning next year. Add in our 5 recruits next year. The Perkins kid is playing lights out to start his senior season and it was mentioned that he is going to be upgraded to a 4 star recruit. You’ve got Ahron Ulis bringing his game, twin 6’8” forwards each averaging 20 pts. a game, and big man Ogundele. We only lose Kreiner, who I’ve always liked, to graduation. If we can bring in a couple of highly rated recruits in the 2021 recruiting cycle, the future looks bright.

I'd say slow your roll a bit. Let's see what happens when JBo sits out. Keep in mind, this was not much of a Clown team Iowa just demolished.

If Fran gives the majority of JBo's minutes to Joe T, that will pay dividends in the future. If he goes a different direction...

The jury is still out IMO but the performance the past 2 games has been outstanding.

This team doesn't have a great defense, especially on the perimeter, but they can beat anybody when they are making the 3 ball. Granted you can say that about a lot of teams but not many teams have a near 7 footer that can step out and nail a 3 along with the rest of the long range shooters Iowa has. That's the part that will really hurt if JBo shuts it down.

I'd say slow your roll a bit. Let's see what happens when JBo sits out. Keep in mind, this was not much of a Clown team Iowa just demolished.

If Fran gives the majority of JBo's minutes to Joe T, that will pay dividends in the future. If he goes a different direction...

lol, slow your roll guy shows up after Iowa goes to 4-2 in a 7 game stretch most fans considered 0-7 as a real possibility. I am a fan, I don't need to slow anything. Even if Jordan shuts it down, the talent on this roster is impossible not to see. Fran has taken non stop shit about offering and taking Jordan, he's gotten shit about taking CJ, he's gotten shit about flat footed Garza, he's gotten shit about playing his kid....

here's an idea, maybe we should slow our roll on how bad Fran is?

Seriously..... you guys made me turn on Fran when I’m reality he recruited really well and put together an amazing class and team. Might not be elite, but they know how to put the ball in the bucket and he can actually absorb attrition like TC and IM and still field and competent team
Haha yeah my expectations weren't too high. I thought we accounted ourselves well up in Michigan for the most part. Took a monster game by Garza to even be in that game but since then we've looked great. I hate to get out ahead of my skis too but hey these guys are playing well. They know their roles and it's been fun to watch. One game at a time and lets see what happens

Next year should be exciting too. If JBo shuts it down, we will have 5 starters returning next year. Add in our 5 recruits next year. The Perkins kid is playing lights out to start his senior season and it was mentioned that he is going to be upgraded to a 4 star recruit. You’ve got Ahron Ulis bringing his game, twin 6’8” forwards each averaging 20 pts. a game, and big man Ogundele. We only lose Kreiner, who I’ve always liked, to graduation. If we can bring in a couple of highly rated recruits in the 2021 recruiting cycle, the future looks bright.
It’s hard to envision a new recruit cracking the rotation next year if everyone is back. We may want to RS 4 of them.

How about we don’t become so bipolar. The next time this team has a brutal night defensively(and it will happen) let’s not all lose our minds.:)
yep. I am looking in the mirror for that... I had a melt down after Depaul. I was wrong.

The jury is still out IMO but the performance the past 2 games has been outstanding.

This team doesn't have a great defense, especially on the perimeter, but they can beat anybody when they are making the 3 ball. Granted you can say that about a lot of teams but not many teams have a near 7 footer that can step out and nail a 3 along with the rest of the long range shooters Iowa has. That's the part that will really hurt if JBo shuts it down.
The jury’s verdict is in IMO. This team has a very high basketball IQ. They play at a level very close to their maximum potential IMO. And they are going to be 8-3 or 9-2 playing the toughest non conference schedule I recall in...I don’t know how long.

Side Note - I believe the rumors that CJ was outplaying Moss last year in practice. I love that guy.

Fran was just recently getting thrown under bus for the most recent recruiting class. Maybe the kid from Oskaloosa should reconsider. With the Murray twins signing, etc.

Connor had taken a lot of heat too, but he has improved. Unbelievable the leap Garza took in being consistent doing it. I imagine he is gone after this season.

We're still going to lose some games we won't be happy about. But, still, I like our chances of being a top half team in conference play at this point.

One of the bright spots about the incoming guys is that none of them will have to come in and be a savior. If any of them can contribute right away that will be great but, if not, they can develop and learn the program, maybe give us some minutes as they learn.

Hmmm, didn't ISU just beat Seton Hall the other night??? And Iowa did beat Texas Tech and Syracuse on the road didn't they. That is just terrible.

The jury’s verdict is in IMO. This team has a very high basketball IQ. They play at a level very close to their maximum potential IMO. And they are going to be 8-3 or 9-2 playing the toughest non conference schedule I recall in...I don’t know how long.

Side Note - I believe the rumors that CJ was outplaying Moss last year in practice. I love that guy.

I don't know that's kind of bold Windsor...maybe we should wait on enjoying this team because the jury is still out. lol

Latest posts