Hoiberg with the Crean

First, while I am not defending him, I doubt the conversation was that terse. The kid may have felt that way, but I am sure it was handled professionally. And, I would think the kid would prefer to know sooner rather than later whether he would see the floor. Second, Hoiberg was brought in and paid what he is paid to win now, not 4 years from now. If that means a couple bumps and bruises, so be it. This kid is not a Big 10 caliber player, and tim Myles was a below average recruiter.

I don't have an issue with a new coach moving quickly to build his program. Transitions are painful. Make them as quick as possible. Frost is doing the same thing in football. Both these programs will be factors sooner rather than later.

First, while I am not defending him, I doubt the conversation was that terse. The kid may have felt that way, but I am sure it was handled professionally. And, I would think the kid would prefer to know sooner rather than later whether he would see the floor. Second, Hoiberg was brought in and paid what he is paid to win now, not 4 years from now. If that means a couple bumps and bruises, so be it. This kid is not a Big 10 caliber player, and tim Myles was a below average recruiter.

I don't have an issue with a new coach moving quickly to build his program. Transitions are painful. Make them as quick as possible. Frost is doing the same thing in football. Both these programs will be factors sooner rather than later.
Yeah. Very thoughtful to put that on a kid before a test. Maybe he could have told him his parents were getting divorced and his dog died too?

I have no problem with the message, but tact would be helpful

It appears the Mayor is planning on competing ASAP, like next year. Usually you would expect more spin and maybe here was some spin but apparently not much.

Makes me wonder how the conversation between Fran and Isiaih went. I'd guess something like, and probably over several conversations, 'Isiaih, I promised you four years when you got here and you got that and a degree, something to be proud of. But I need that scholarship and it's time for you to go somewhere you can be 'the man', somewhere like Drake or, if you want to go home then Chicago St. Plus there's all those Missouri Valley schools in Illinois' The more you have these types of conversations the easier they get, at least that's my guess.

While I partially agree with your sentiment they have a ton of open scholarships to the point they aren’t going to be able to fill them all. Not every guy on scholarship needs to contribute. Also why did he wait this long would be another question to ask.

It appears the Mayor is planning on competing ASAP, like next year. Usually you would expect more spin and maybe here was some spin but apparently not much.

Makes me wonder how the conversation between Fran and Isiaih went. I'd guess something like, and probably over several conversations, 'Isiaih, I promised you four years when you got here and you got that and a degree, something to be proud of. But I need that scholarship and it's time for you to go somewhere you can be 'the man', somewhere like Drake or, if you want to go home then Chicago St. Plus there's all those Missouri Valley schools in Illinois' The more you have these types of conversations the easier they get, at least that's my guess.
You don’t tell a 3 year starter and 40%+ 3pt guy to move on unless you have a better option ready to go. I’m not convinced Iowa has a better option, so I’m not so sure the conversation went that way.

I said all the time that Fred pushed people out the door. Clown fans argued with me and said that wasn't true.

Haha seems to be inferring a comparison. Moss is significantly better at basketball Brady Ellingson

This is what Saban does at Bama. You don't preform, he takes your scholly away and tells you to leave. It's tough, but so is making it in the "real" world.

I think what he did is a bunch of crap, but the basketball scenery has changed a lot on the last twenty years. The world use to put a premium on integrity, but now the main thing is the money. The more the world turns from Jesus Christ the more the love of money will rule.

DaMayor

Leaves no cell unturned

cook_county_bail_bonds_evans_500_333_s.jpg

No problemos

He will have a team on the floor

I said all the time that Fred pushed people out the door. Clown fans argued with me and said that wasn't true.

Interesting mixed bag of comments on CryFan. Some are saying, see he never was a saint...others, hey everybody does it so what. Even others calling out the kid for his tweet.

It looks like Iowa state is bombing out on their recruiting this spring. They might be in trouble next year.

Look at you with your nose all up Cornhusker butthole.

LOL...

Need that scholarship for what player?

You Fran and Kirk homers are quite the group. Do you get a monthly stipend or something?

I’m honestly asking you to in what alternate universe your post makes any sense. You’re really going to sit there and try to sell us some snake oil about how Fran told a 3 year starter and big (relative to Iowa basketball) contributor to hit the road because he “needed his scholarship?”

And after that question, what player does he need it for? Is there another 190 lb white AAU bean pole in Maquoketa or Davenport who’s been under our radar this whole time? Jesus Christ man.

Last edited:
I think what he did is a bunch of crap, but the basketball scenery has changed a lot on the last twenty years. The world use to put a premium on integrity, but now the main thing is the money. The more the world turns from Jesus Christ the more the love of money will rule.
LOL...

And after that question, what player does he need it for? Is there another 190 lb white AAU bean pole in Maquoketa or Davenport who’s been under our radar this whole time? Jesus Christ man.

Thread has taken quite the religious turn! :eek: