HN Vlog: Next Two Won't Be Easy

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Well, postpone the thoughts of any sort of a breather...I talk about the injuries and more

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6F-f5IBB-8"]YouTube - Next Man In[/ame]

Jon.......what are your initial thoughts with the release of the 2-deeps?

And don't be afraid to go into some detail......

Jon.......what are your initial thoughts with the release of the 2-deeps?

And don't be afraid to go into some detail......

That 22&30 are nit out of the woods yet and will need to pass concussion tests and 32 will be out for a while

While it is also my first assumption, do we have any confirmation that Greenwood and Sandemann actually suffered concussions? The only injury that seems to be 100% known is Dace's broken bone.

Both sandeman and greenwood did suffer concussions. The usual healing times is 1 week. The main thing is how serious it was. I have had players who got concussions and missed 2-3 weeks because they can't play until the headache's go away.

The main thing these next two weeks is going to be playing TEAM football. That is what we have been doing every week. We have been playing mediocre football, but we have been winning games, because we win every phase of the game (offense, Defense, and special teams.) Our team is gonna re-group and play better this week. That two week stretch was the part of our schedule that worried me the most. Wisky and MSU are physical football teams and playing on the road in hostile environment our boys stepped up and played strong.

The game this weekend is gonna be scary for most hawk fans, we are not going to win big, we are going to play another great opponent and it will be another barn burner like last weekend. The main thing is, and I stress this every week (Iowa needs to come out of the gates and get up on them early. IU had success last week early against NW, but they laid down and choked when it got close.) Iowa needs to come out and take it to them early!

I wouldn't go as far as saying "we are playing another great opponent." They can score, but Indiana is nothing special.

9/03 Eastern Kentucky 1-0 (0-0) W 19-13 9/12 Western Michigan 2-0 (0-0) W 23-19 9/19 @ Akron 3-0 (0-0) W 38-21 9/26 @ No. 23 Michigan 3-1 (0-1) L 36-33 10/03 No. 9 Ohio State 3-2 (0-2) L 33-14 10/10 @ Virginia 3-3 (0-2) L 47-7 10/17 Illinois 4-3 (1-2) W 27-14 10/24 @ Northwestern 4-4 (1-3) L 29-28
Nothing there tells me we need to be shaking. The thing that has myself and I'm guessing everyone else on edge, is that we have played close in virtually all of our games. And we don't want to play a close game to a team like this that does have big play ability.

I am expecting them to score right around what they had vs. OSU -- 14 points. I'll predict 31 - 14. Agreed that it will be a huge boost to our guys to come out and put them in a hole early. I doubt we "lay off the gas" this time around if we do build a lead.

Indiana would have beaten Northwestern had Lynch kicked a field goal late in the game inside Northwestern's 10 yd line. Instead it was 4 and out and Northwestern won the game by 1 pt. Indiana also got screwed at Michigan at the end or they might have won there too. Imo, the Hawks must put 30+ pts on the board to insure a win.

So do you dress up like GQ just to make Deace's wardrobe look like Gentlemen's Eastside Warehouse?

If the Hawks win by a margin of two or more scores (heading into the 4th quarter), I'll be happy.

So do you dress up like GQ just to make Deace's wardrobe look like Gentlemen's Eastside Warehouse?

If the Hawks win by a margin of two or more scores (heading into the 4th quarter), I'll be happy.

Lol. Nope. Just have HN business to attend to. Gotta fill up the ad tiles to keep this baby humming :)

I get tired of the excuses. Iowa should win these next two. If they dont than the national experts are right. That is all.