HN TV: Iowa Hoops Talks Thrilling Win

A couple of questions for you Rob. First though I want to thank you for posting this as it was fun to hear from the players and Fran.
My first question has to do with Fran not wanting to comment on the last offensive possession where Joe hit the winning basket. Do you think Fran was indirectly hinting at the officiating there?

My second question has to do with rules. Has the rules changed on blocked shots? More specifically the rule is or used to be that if you blocked another players shot it had to be a clean block which also includes not running into the player after you block the shot. Has this rule changed? I noticed at least once or twice a Virginia player flattened one of our players after blocking the shot and no foul was called.

I will also comment on a block K Murray has against one of their players. After I rewound the recording of the game I looked at K Murray’s block several times where the official called a foul on K Murray and it was obvious that he got all ball and never touched the Virginia player.

Also on the lose ball where Bo grabbed the ball while the Virginia player had just gotten ahold of it. They called a foul against Bo when replays showed he had a grip on the ball and it should have been called a tie and this a jump ball. Is there a rule change on that also?

My last question is an obvious one, do you know which conference these officials were out of that called the game?

Anyone else here on the forum are welcome to chime in with comments or to give answers to my questions, thanks.

Last edited: