HN Podcast hoops pinstripe n

BigD

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/miller-deace/hn-podcast-hoops-pinstripe

I thought the discussion was good as it seemed to give an honest perspective of what the bowl ga e represented and where the basketball program. I laughed at the YMCA comment. Where have I heard that one before?

I gave Fran a pass the first three years because of the grave Lickliter dug for the program. The offense and defense have always looked fractured to me. It’s like the players don’t play like a cohesive unit especially on defense. On both ends of the court it looks like a bunch of player who just got together at the local YMCA for a pick up game. That’s why I use that term. YMCA

Also the in-depth comments on Frans inability to recruit at the point guard position is spot on.

It was also good to hear a little honesty on how the bowl game amounted to nothing more than a little more practice for the players and that the win helped with the mindset for the fans during the off-season as a 7-6 season would have worn on us all year. As Jon said twice 8-5 is better than 7-6. Really that’s about all you can say about it.

Last edited:
Thank GOD for Deace. Jon is becoming insufferable in the way he tries to mandate his definition of fandom and the machinations he must go through to get there are increasingly stupid.

JM: Bowl games don't matter
JM: Only if you're in the top tier 4-5 bowls do they matter
SD: Well, they seemed to matter the MILLIONS of people who watched them
SD: Also if you take that view then nothing matters after you're out of the division race so...
JM: Meh, moving on.

It is ridiculous.

And we are so screwed next year. Linebacker is going to be a question mark, we lost Jackson, now we're losing Daniels so Kirk will have yet another excuse as to why we're a 7.5 win team when the schedule should be a 9 to a stretch 10.

Basketball is simpler. We SUCK, bad. And like football, its not a one year problem. Defense and guard play have been suspect for Fran's entire career at Iowa.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/miller-deace/hn-podcast-hoops-pinstripe

I thought the discussion was good as it seemed to give an honest perspective of what the bowl ga e represented and where the basketball program. I laughed at the YMCA comment. Where have I heard that one before?

I gave Fran a pass the first three years because of the grave Lickliter dug for the program. The offense and defense have always looked fractured to me. It’s like the players don’t play like a cohesive unit especially on defense. On both ends of the court it looks like a bunch of player who just got together at the local YMCA for a pick up game. That’s why I use that term. YMCA

Also the in-depth comments on Frans inability to recruit at the point guard position is spot on.

It was also good to hear a little honesty on how the bowl game amounted to nothing more than a little more practice for the players and that the win helped with the mindset for the fans during the off-season as a 7-6 season would have worn on us all year. As Jon said twice 8-5 is better than 7-6. Really that’s about all you can say about it.

Why would a coach ever get a 3 year pass? If you know how to recruit and coach it doesn't take long to turn around a program and you could point to multiple examples of it.

Don't understand this narrative at all. Bowl games don't matter. They why the hell did everyone rant about losing 5 in a row? They seemed to matter then.

They matter when you win? Its such transparent BS. Its like I still hear people chirping about 12-0... it was 12-2 and one of those games was a detesticling on a huge stage. So if its 12-0 then we went 7-5 this year.

Latest posts