HN Football Recruiting Class of ’17 Big Board 4.0

Good stuff Rob!

If we got 3 or 4 of those kids that would round out a very, very good class. If we get more than that, then WOW. I feel we have very good shots at Martin, Van Ginkel, and Boyce.

Thanks, Dean!

I agree on Martin & Van Ginkel. Texas being average will help with Boyce.

Hearing good things about chances with Daniels and Calloway. That'd be huge.

Thanks, Dean!

I agree on Martin & Van Ginkel. Texas being average will help with Boyce.

Hearing good things about chances with Daniels and Calloway. That'd be huge.

That would be awesome if we nabbed either one of Daniels or Calloway!

Just watched Martin's video from this article. Wow. I am a bit surprised it took him this long to blow up. I suppose he is up against the (real or perceived) mediocre Iowan defenses, but looking at his film, it seems that it was only a matter of time before his stock would soar.

Great list Rob, thanks for putting these together. I'm on record now that I will post a naked selfie to the board if we land Calloway and Daniels. (The necessary parts will be covered)

Thanks, Rob. This is fun to follow. A couple questions:

1. Is Chester Graves' non-inclusion the result of anything changing or simply no news? He's been on previous lists and dropped off?

2. If Orien Vance were to get academics cleared off, do you feel he could get a late offer and be interested? I think he's continued to make visits to Iowa City?

Thanks, Rob. This is fun to follow. A couple questions:

1. Is Chester Graves' non-inclusion the result of anything changing or simply no news? He's been on previous lists and dropped off?

2. If Orien Vance were to get academics cleared off, do you feel he could get a late offer and be interested? I think he's continued to make visits to Iowa City?

Graves certainly is someone squarely on the radar. I think there's a chance he could visit this month but have heard for a while that he's going to visit and it's not transpired. Need to get him on campus. Until then, my skepticism is growing.

I've heard about academic concerns regarding Vance but haven't seen anything confirmed. It could be what's holding back and offer but it also might be the coaches want to see him perform as a senior as they did with Shaun Beyer. I like him. I've seen him play the last two years. He's certainly one on which to keep an eye.

Been trying to reach Calloway the last two days with no luck. I think he's the guy, too, but he ain't talking, at least not to me. :)

Been trying to reach Calloway the last two days with no luck. I think he's the guy, too, but he ain't talking, at least not to me. :)

Well like I said yesterday, getting him would be HUGE. That would be the 3rd basically top 100 kid in this class, and a win over Bama and laundry list of the who's who in college football.

Nice to be able to offer time with a returning consensus All American and Jim Thorpe award winner........that certainly couldn't hurt the cause as a DB prospect visiting Iowa. If it's Calloway you have to like our chances with Damion Daniels, his teammate, as well.

Eno needs to start planting seeds in the TX soil for the class of '18 :)

If the Hawks land Calloway tomorrow I'll be giddy. If they close on the package deal of Calloway and Daniels I may not know how to handle it. This class would be the best I've seen in my lifetime. I'm 30 years old. If those two enter the fold I'm pretty comfortable saying that.

There won't be a commitment announcement today following what happened in Dallas last night. It likely will not happen until early next week. Very understandable.

There won't be a commitment announcement today following what happened in Dallas last night. It likely will not happen until early next week. Very understandable.

that is what i figured - crazy situation - it might get crazier down there this weekend - let's hope not.

Latest posts