Hey its the first game But

longtimer

From what I have heard from a lot of posters it looked like the Iowa we have grown to wonder about? I didn't have a chance to see it but in looking at the results and comments the jury is out and probably wont be even deliberating until after next week when we play someone
I wish I felt better about it all but I just cant McCaffery has been at Iowa for 8 years He is 151-120 and 67-75 in Big Ten. Been to the tournament 2 1/2 times (Play in games are worth .5) Beat a powerhouse Davidson and tipped in in at the buzzer against Temple. I always hear how good a coach he is (mostly from other Big Ten coaches) but I just find that record to be less than great. Last year I think even opposing coaches would not call it a great coaching job?
On top of that he has proven to have difficulty recruiting the difference makers. Cook was pretty highly touted but not a one and done type and for that matter not a 3 and done type. He may leave early but most likely not for the NBA. Wiekamp looks to be a good recruit but he was always coming to Iowa as that appears to be his dream.
Ok it is the first game and who knows but I still dont feel very good about it Ill check back in a couple of weeks

This team will win when they have a game with multiple players hitting 3's and Tyler getting 15 +. This team will not win on a bad shooting night. Oregon beat their opponent like a ginger headed stepchild. It might get very ugly on Sunday.

He had some good teams with Woodbury, Gesell, Marble, Uthoff. Jok led the team one year. Other than many of us had concerns about the late season collapses. Those teams were solid and lthey played good.

Switch to last year, I think that comes down to the players. Fran is not a basketball genius, when his teams are good they just push and push, try to force other teams out of their grove and win the junk ball game. Its the players man, a couple of them are not tough, some cant pass, some just cant seem to get in the right position.

I havent given up on this year at all, Im in the wait and see approach. I really do think when the core of the Iowa basketball team is the McCaffery boys, Garza, Nunge and Weiskamp in a couple years the IQ and savy play will be much higher. It will look more like the Woodbury/Gesell years.

I think Oregon is gonna stomp us. Hopefully I'm wrong. I saw a projection last night saying Bol Bol is a top ten pick next year. Good luck garza

Geeesh... one game and the sky is falling. Fire Fran, blah blah blah.

Can you guys at least give this team a chance before you burn it to the ground?

We barely just beat two cream puffs . It’s going to be long year watching these slow unathletic players try to guard people in the Big Ten