Hey guys Iowa Played really well!

longtimer

Im not saying Fran should get a raise. Im just saying Iowa played about as well as their talent allows. It sure makes a difference when the ball goes in. We have all been saying it would be nice to see them play hard and they did. Really if Michigan State doesnt hit Free throws like they did 83% and we hit a little better on the line probably talking about a win.
Michigan State is very good. Probably 4 or more NBA players.
Lets just see how they finish

Fran’s End game coaching is absolutely astonishing to watch..
I'm not sure what Fran could have done. MSU plays defense on most nights (tonight not withstanding). We don't play defense on any night. When the game was on the line, MSU got stops. Iowa didn't. That's what's supposed to happen between a team that plays defense and a team that doesn't.

I'm not sure what Fran could have done. MSU plays defense on most nights (tonight not withstanding). We don't play defense on any night. When the game was on the line, MSU got stops. Iowa didn't. That's what's supposed to happen between a team that plays defense and a team that doesn't.

Iowa snatched defeat from the jaws of victory tonight. We had them on the ropes and the last 2:30 looked like a monkey fucking a football.

This was about a superior team elevating it's play when I need it. Iowa as they are (talent and maturity) simply isn't going to win many 1 possession games against top 10 teams. Loved the effort tonight. And that was fun to watch.

I agree. They hounded us on defense the last few possessions. Fran even called a timeout on one of them. They drilled a couple 3s in the last couple minutes that didn't help at all.

Totally agree with this. My biggest problem though is the fact that we decide to hold the ball at the top of the key for 20 seconds and run no real offense at all. MSU just had to play D for 10 seconds each possession as soon as we got to the under 4 min. TO.

MSU played like a top team in the last 2 minutes. Didn't panic, kept hitting their shots. Played tough on defense. We got a little tentative on the offensive end. Not sure why Dailey disappeared to the bench in the last stretch.

Fran's teams usually are not good in these spots. He even had a timeout this time, but it did not make a difference. Very frustrating.

MSU played like a top team in the last 2 minutes. Didn't panic, kept hitting their shots. Played tough on defense. We got a little tentative on the offensive end. Not sure why Dailey disappeared to the bench in the last stretch.

Fran's teams usually are not good in these spots. He even had a timeout this time, but it did not make a difference. Very frustrating.
Any coach that doesn't stress defense, is going to have problems in these spots.

Totally agree with this. My biggest problem though is the fact that we decide to hold the ball at the top of the key for 20 seconds and run no real offense at all. MSU just had to play D for 10 seconds each possession as soon as we got to the under 4 min. TO.

I get the logic why you want to limit possessions in a game like that at the end. But it's weird that a coach who wants as many possessions as possible, even when playing a team that's way better, wants to suddenly limit them.

One thing I've noticed this year and last is Cook can make shots late in tight games. That will come in handy if we get competitive again.

Latest posts