Herbstreit's stupid comments this morning about the BIG

EddyP

Something about the BIG defenses looking better than they are or overrated this year because the offenses are so bad. And then he back tracked and said or at least that is the perception anyway. Yeah, good call Herbie. Are you watching? This game is awesome. I guess this just means that the defenses really are that bad huh. I wish we were the SEC where a 10-7 game means the D's are all world and a high scoring game means the O's are all world.

Rumor has it that the B1G offices called the head coaches and told them they could only have five starters at a time play on the defense with the other six being back ups. They wanted the game to have more of a Big XII feel to be sexy for the tv viewers.

Michigan State or Wisconsin plays Alabama/LSU and they lose by 21+. Herbstreit is right.

Not that rankings matter, but Georgia had one loss in the SEC, the best conference in college football and they got blown out today 42-10. LSU would do the exact same thing to Michigan State or Wisconsin.

Michigan State or Wisconsin plays Alabama/LSU and they lose by 21+. Herbstreit is right.

Not that rankings matter, but Georgia had one loss in the SEC, the best conference in college football and they got blown out today 42-10. LSU would do the exact same thing to Michigan State or Wisconsin.

Who said anything about Alabama/LSU not beating Wisky or MSU? So Georgia's D obviously sucks right?

The SEC has the best two teams and the rest is overrated. The east was weak and none of those teams would be playing for the Big Ten championship today. Auburn, both of the two B1G teams playing today beat them. Arkansas, they barely beat an overrated A&M team. Top to bottom, I'm saying the Big Ten has more quality teams then the SEC.

Why is the Big Ten the only conference in the nation that gets compared to the SEC? The Big Ten is overrated because they're supposedly not better than the SEC; does that make the other conferences overrated as well?

I get so tired of this garbage. What is constantly overlooked is the fact that B1G teams have to build their roster to deal with weather. SEC teams essentially play in the same weather the entire season (okay maybe it gets a few degrees cooler, but when's the last SEC game played in snow or sleet?) and then they get to bowl games played where? In the south, in the same weather. Bring some of those teams up north in the cold and rain and maybe snow and let's line it up. Look at the NFL: Even number of home and road games, played in all types of environs, including indoors and out, warm and cold, snow, rain, mud, field turf. You have to build versatility into your team.

It truly pi$$es me off.

The SEC has the best two teams and the rest is overrated. The east was weak and none of those teams would be playing for the Big Ten championship today. Auburn, both of the two B1G teams playing today beat them. Arkansas, they barely beat an overrated A&M team. Top to bottom, I'm saying the Big Ten has more quality teams then the SEC.

Why is the Big Ten the only conference in the nation that gets compared to the SEC? The Big Ten is overrated because they're supposedly not better than the SEC; does that make the other conferences overrated as well?

I think Georgia and Arkansas are also better than every team in the B1G.

Your problem is that you're looking at the two best teams.

Iowa/Illinois/Penn State/Northwestern/Ohio State (this year)= offenses that are all average at best
Indiana/Purdue/Minnesota= God awful offense

Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan, and Nebraska are the only offenses that even approach being above average.

Yea considering Bama only beat PSU by 16, and barely beat Georgia Southern by 21 point margin you've set..... Wisconsin pounded PSU by the way but go ahead and be an SEC groupie, god knows they need idiots like San Francisco needs AIDS

Yea considering Bama only beat PSU by 16, and barely beat Georgia Southern by 21 point margin you've set..... Wisconsin pounded PSU by the way but go ahead and be an SEC groupie, god knows they need idiots like San Francisco needs AIDS

The transitive property does not work at all in sports. Not to mention the fact that 8 of PSU's points came on a garbage time TD/2-point conversion. It was 27-3 with 2 minutes to go, IN Happy Valley. Alabama dominated that game from start to finish.

First of all "Only 16" in Happy Valley... Only 16. You act like that's a small number.

If you do a little research though.... Alabama went up 27-3 with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter in that game.

You seriously think Wisconsin would stay within 21 of Alabama/LSU? Really?

Guys, don't respond to skaldedburger. He craves attention and when you respond to his troll posts, you're playing right in to his puffy, sticky little rat-hands.

The transitive property does not work at all in sports. Not to mention the fact that 8 of PSU's points came on a garbage time TD/2-point conversion. It was 27-3 with 2 minutes to go, IN Happy Valley. Alabama dominated that game from start to finish.

Sorry but I'm a huge Alabama fan and while I do think they are the best, I'm not an ignorant SEC ESPN ANALyst.... I think Wisconsin and MSU would be great games for Bama. I think Tide's offense tends to struggle at times but their Defense is dominate. I think there are a couple of teams that would give Bama 21-13 type game in the B1G

B1G=parity. SEC=LSU/BAMA. Wiscy, MSU, Iowa would do just fine against these teams. You are stupid if you think differently.

Your problem is that you're looking at the two best teams.

Iowa/Illinois/Penn State/Northwestern/Ohio State (this year)= offenses that are all average at best
Indiana/Purdue/Minnesota= God awful offense

Wisconsin, Michigan State, Michigan, and Nebraska are the only offenses that even approach being above average.

No, you are missing my point. Herbie and BK would look at this game and say "gee, the BIG's D really sucks this year. These are the two best teams?" In contrast, if these were SEC teams they would be falling all over themselves about how great the offenses are. If this was a 3-3 game it would be boring with no offensive fire power. In contrast if it was a 3-3 SEC game it would be 2 NFL type defenses slugging it out. See my point?

Latest posts