HD channel for the game on DirecTV?

silvanthalas

Which channel is the game going to be on in HD for DirecTV this Saturday?

I was going through the channels last night, and I only found an SD listing, with repeats in HD. I don't know if I'm perhaps blocking out an alternate channel I shouldn't be, as I'm still getting used to everything DirecTV. Set it up only a couple of weeks ago to make sure it was ready before I went on vacation, which I just got back from the other night.

The BTN website says the game will be live in HD, but the only thing I can find for channel listings is the obvious: BTN is available on DirecTV on channel 610; there's nothing specific I could find about the alternates.

Couple of things.

Which channel is the game going to be on in HD for DirecTV this Saturday?

I was going through the channels last night, and I only found an SD listing, with repeats in HD. I don't know if I'm perhaps blocking out an alternate channel I shouldn't be, as I'm still getting used to everything DirecTV. Set it up only a couple of weeks ago to make sure it was ready before I went on vacation, which I just got back from the other night.

The BTN website says the game will be live in HD, but the only thing I can find for channel listings is the obvious: BTN is available on DirecTV on channel 610; there's nothing specific I could find about the alternates.

Bookmark the Gamefinder on the BTN web site. They do a good job of telling you what channel the game will be on, no matter your provider.
Big Ten Network Gamefinder

The game will be on DirecTv Channel 611 (SD) and 611-1 (HD). If you have HD service through DirecTV you would just go to Channel 611-1 to watch the game in HD. Love DTV that I can get all the overflow channels in HD and browse around to see a lot of B1G football on Saturday.

Thanks.

Last night, it was only giving me the generic message that the main channel was available, but still not the specific games & alt. channels.

At least with Dish Network (sounds about the same with Direct TV) the alternate channels won't show what game is on until the day of the game. The BTN gamefinder link will tell you on Monday what alternate channel the game is on so you don't have to hunt for it on Saturday morning.

Channel 611-1 is showing for me, but in my guide it's still just saying To Be Announced (another reason why I couldn't find the HD listing!)

I guess I'll just have to hit Record that morning if the guide doesn't get updated.

Channel 611-1 is showing for me, but in my guide it's still just saying To Be Announced (another reason why I couldn't find the HD listing!)

I guess I'll just have to hit Record that morning if the guide doesn't get updated.

Don't worry it will show up on Saturday morning as I doubt your alternate channel guide gets updated today or tomorrow.

Awesome resource. I am going to spread the word to my Husker breathren, this BTN thing has been a hot topic since we are so new to it.

You will find yourself starting to watch more and more of the BTN in the coming months, at first I would only watch it if they were having something with Iowa, but now I find myself watching it almost more than ESPN from September to April with football, basketball and some of the shows they have during the week nights.

You will find yourself starting to watch more and more of the BTN in the coming months, at first I would only watch it if they were having something with Iowa, but now I find myself watching it almost more than ESPN from September to April with football, basketball and some of the shows they have during the week nights.

Cosign. BTN has evolved nicely, and continues to bring fresh programming to our airwaves. They've done a terrific job in their few short years of existence.

Cosign. BTN has evolved nicely, and continues to bring fresh programming to our airwaves. They've done a terrific job in their few short years of existence.

I've had the BTN since its inception and it has come along way in programming. The one thing they did right from the start was/is quality production. The stuff on Fox Sports is brutal, the backdrops are cheap, the mic's are cheap and the quality of video is awful. The BTN is lightyears ahead of them. I look forward to seeing how they progress.

I have Direct. When I go to 611-1 on the guide it shows to be announced. It will not let me set my DVR. I have to attend a funeral Sat. When do you think this will be changed?

I have Direct. When I go to 611-1 on the guide it shows to be announced. It will not let me set my DVR. I have to attend a funeral Sat. When do you think this will be changed?

Again, if Direct TV is like Dish Network (and it appears it is) the game won't show up on alternate channels until Saturday morning. If you are going to be home on Saturday morning before heading to the funeral you can set it to record as you are walking out the door on Saturday morning.

Latest posts