Hawks vs NW at Wrigley?!

If this happens, I would definitely be there. Kudos to Iowa for not giving up a home game if this does indeed happen. Outside of when OSU comes to town, this would be 20K+ bigger than any home crowd in Evanston.

If this happens Wrigley Field will replace Soldier Field as KINNICK EAST. Hawk fans would travel in droves to be in attendance. It might even draw as big of an Iowa contingent as a Bowl game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrigley only holds 41K for baseball and with slight changes they would have to make, my guess is that less than 40K tickets would be available. While the atmosphere would be great, I think Soldier Field would be better from a numbers perspective.

We could sing "In Heaven There Is No Beer" and "Go Cubs Go" after a victory! Then head to Merkles. Wriglyville's Hawkeye Bar!

I can't think of a place I would be less likely to go to a game. If the non-stop banter of Cubs fans talking about how great of a stadium that crap hole is didn't force me to leave the fact that I was watching a game in a stadium that would only allow about 1/2 the seats to be any good would.

Lame.

I can't think of a place I would be less likely to go to a game. If the non-stop banter of Cubs fans talking about how great of a stadium that crap hole is didn't force me to leave the fact that I was watching a game in a stadium that would only allow about 1/2 the seats to be any good would.

Lame.

Quick...who's your favorite team? I have a feeling the answer to that would say alot about your bs filled rant...

I'm not a baseball fan in general...I am however a victim of going to college with way too many Cubs fans, and worse yet many of them were from Chicago. But honestly, the stadium, outside of its so called "historic value", is not set up great for football IMO.

I know this was talked about as a possibility a year ago, but it seemed like Northwestern was aiming more for their game against Illinois in 2010, or some other home game in 2011.

I'm not a baseball fan in general...I am however a victim of going to college with way too many Cubs fans, and worse yet many of them were from Chicago. But honestly, the stadium, outside of its so called "historic value", is not set up great for football IMO.

Haha...duly noted! And I agree, it's not a good set up for football, it would definitely be the nostalgic angle that would make it cool...then again, if they wind up doing it every year with a different team playing Northwestern it would lose the uniqueness quickly and ruin it.

Haha...duly noted! And I agree, it's not a good set up for football, it would definitely be the nostalgic angle that would make it cool...then again, if they wind up doing it every year with a different team playing Northwestern it would lose the uniqueness quickly and ruin it.

Yeah...Trust me, I hate the Bears with the passions of all passions for the same reasons as I hate the Cubs and their beloved stadium, but I was all about the game at Soldier field a few years back. That made sense. Of course, while Bears fans and Cubs fans are generally one in the same, they don't seem to have an odd (almost sexual) attraction to Soldier Field.

Yeah...Trust me, I hate the Bears with the passions of all passions for the same reasons as I hate the Cubs and their beloved stadium, but I was all about the game at Soldier field a few years back. That made sense. Of course, while Bears fans and Cubs fans are generally one in the same, they don't seem to have an odd (almost sexual) attraction to Soldier Field.

That's because they F'd it up when they renovated...not to mention they've won a title in the last century so they don't need another a reason to go to the games...:(

Latest posts