Hawks top two QB's.....

HawksMN

Heard from sources that have seen them in spring practice, that neither one is very impressive so far. Ducks flying everywhere. Great...don't need mediocrity at the field general position.

I've heard the same thing!! Although I'd like to add that everyone at every position has regressed and yesterday it was reported the sky was falling!!

Sincerely,

Chicken Little

Heard from sources that have seen them in spring practice, that neither one is very impressive so far. Ducks flying everywhere. Great...don't need mediocrity at the field general position.

You do realize that Rudock started every game last season and did just fine, right? Sans at least one really dumb decision each game. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus, I would expect our running game to carry us, opening up the passing game.

Anyone hear whether Schimonek has stood out or not? From this post, it doesn't sound like he's getting any reps with the 1's???

Anyone hear whether Schimonek has stood out or not? From this post, it doesn't sound like he's getting any reps with the 1's???

I'm curious on his progress as well. I'm guessing he's still pretty far behind as far as learning the playbook goes, being on the same page as his receivers, etc. And as much as some posters may deny it, you know Kirk is pretty loyal to his upperclassmen and their experience.

Beathard hasn't impressed so far. maybe from lack of playing time or whatever. It would not surprise me at all if Shimonek passes him to be no.2 qb. I remember reading an article stating the o.c. really liked Shimonek so I guess we all will have to wait till fall to see how it all shakes out.

You do realize that Rudock started every game last season and did just fine, right? Sans at least one really dumb decision each game. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus, I would expect our running game to carry us, opening up the passing game.

Didn’t Ruddock finish near the bottom of the Bigten? Why would the running game carry us this year? There are a number of new linemen playing this year and still no proven way to force good defenses to respect the pass (see LSU, MSU, Wisconsin).

yeah, we should just give up right now. we just don't have the kind of quarterback who can win a b1g football game.

As long as nothing happens to Ruddock I think we will be fine at starting QB. Now the backup position is a real concern

I love threads that start with "I heard from sources". 9 times out of 10 these "sources" are completely full of crap.

I love threads that start with "I heard from sources". 9 times out of 10 these "sources" are completely full of crap.

Exactly. The Hawks have a returning QB who outperformed everyone's expectations in his first year as a starter with basically zero experience prior to that. Maybe he hasn't looked as crisp as he needs to, but that's what spring football is all about. Push yourself to the limit and try to make yourself better. Sometimes that comes with mistakes. Like Ferentz said in his press conference... "You aren't going to lose any games in the spring".

There's also a very good chance the OP and his "sources" are full of crap so I wouldn't waste your time looking too far into a thread like this.

Exactly. The Hawks have a returning QB who outperformed everyone's expectations in his first year as a starter with basically zero experience prior to that. Maybe he hasn't looked as crisp as he needs to, but that's what spring football is all about. Push yourself to the limit and try to make yourself better. Sometimes that comes with mistakes. Like Ferentz said in his press conference... "You aren't going to lose any games in the spring".

There's also a very good chance the OP and his "sources" are full of crap so I wouldn't waste your time looking too far into a thread like this.

Eyes onlooking in the practice facility for several hours cannot be full of it. You see what you see.

Eyes onlooking in the practice facility for several hours cannot be full of it. You see what you see.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but this doesn't make you anymore credible than you were in your original post.

Again, spring practice is spring practice. I'm not going to put any stock into what some random guy on a message board is saying he heard from his "sources" about what they did or didn't see in spring practice. If that always worked out than Sokol would have been in contention for the Heisman last year.

If they are performing poorly I have little doubt we'll notice it in the scrimmages, and I'm sure the coaches will elude to it somewhat during press conferences.

Hard to imagine the top 2 qbs throwing ducks for "several hours". If true, could be a number of things. Maybe they were practicing throwing laceless, weighted or even wet balls. Another thing could be not being on the same page with some of the new WR's. Any rust they may have I'm sure will get worked out this Spring.

What are your sources saying about the rest of the team?

Hard to imagine the top 2 qbs throwing ducks for "several hours". If true, could be a number of things. Maybe they were practicing throwing laceless, weighted or even wet balls. Another thing could be not being on the same page with some of the new WR's. Any rust they may have I'm sure will get worked out this Spring.

What are your sources saying about the rest of the team?
My sources say 13-0 and a spot in the NC game despite all of the ducks being thrown in practice. We will just run 60 times a game. The defense is a little better than the '85 Bears. I'm sure they're right. They are very reliable sources.

My sources say 13-0 and a spot in the NC game despite all of the ducks being thrown in practice. We will just run 60 times a game. The defense is a little better than the '85 Bears. I'm sure they're right. They are very reliable sources.

Sweet! I'm just glad these sources are willing to share this info to the public free of charge!

Sweet! I'm just glad these sources are willing to share this info to the public free of charge!
I'm just lucky enough to have a cousin who's boyfriend's sister's hair dresser's brother is best friends with a 3rd string defensive player that leaks all of this information out.

Didn’t Ruddock finish near the bottom of the Bigten? Why would the running game carry us this year? There are a number of new linemen playing this year and still no proven way to force good defenses to respect the pass (see LSU, MSU, Wisconsin).

-I guess QB's never improve, especially young ones, so let's just peg him at the bottom of the B10.

-Oh, I don't know why the running game could potentially carry us this year.... It's not like we have a future 1st round draft pick road grader at LT or anything, or one of the best O-line coaches in the country, or tons of young talent and depth there. Or a stable of more than capable running backs.

Jeebus man, try thinking positive or having some optimism. And I thought I was negative...

Last edited:

Latest posts