Hawks stay in Top 10

This has been discussed in your Bye Bye Top 10 thread.
Yes, they stayed in....only because so many other teams lost. Eventually that bubble will burst if they don't start taking care of business. In reality, they should be outside of the top 10. But, will take it.

Just looked at Iowa's next 7 games. If they can't make that a 7-0 or 6-1 stretch....a Top 10 team should be able to handle that. That last 3 could be a 1-2 stretch.

Again, I have Iowa at 13-7 when all said and done because I have my doubts.

It’s like we’re being tortured by the polls to make us endure as many upset losses as possible. What’s the record for that in a season btw?

NET ranking is the only thing that matters.

AP and coaches polls could not be more meaningless. They are farts in the fuckin wind. Why on earth do you Rubes get worked up over where they’re ranked?

Rankings mean zip, BT tourney finish means zip, and to be honest our record means zip in this conference. The only thing that matters is the NET ranking which will determine our seed in the dance.

Pull a 2 seed...things look manageable for two wins and a S16 berth.

Pull a 4 seed and shit goes sideways in a big hurry.

Repeat after me:

“The AP poll is more worthless than hen shit on a pump handle, and people concerned with it are uneducated hacks who don’t know their heads from their asses when it comes to college basketball in 2020.”

AP and coaches polls could not be more meaningless. They are farts in the fuckin wind. Why on earth do you Rubes get worked up over where they’re ranked?

Rankings mean zip, BT tourney finish means zip, and to be honest our record means zip in this conference. The only thing that matters is the NET ranking which will determine our seed in the dance.

Repeat after me:

“The AP poll is more worthless than hen shit on a pump handle, and people concerned with it are uneducated hacks who don’t know their heads from their asses when it comes to college basketball in 2020.”
I could care less about AP.

Yes, they stayed in....only because so many other teams lost. Eventually that bubble will burst if they don't start taking care of business. In reality, they should be outside of the top 10. But, will take it.
Your “reality“ is incorrect. Every ranking system has Iowa in the Top 10...where they belong.

Repeat after me:

AP ranking may mean zip, but it is still fun to watch and it provides something to discuss. This is a message board, right?

As an uneducated hack who just "sneezed" and had to wipe my ass, I still look at the AP poll from time to time and enjoy it. Thanks.

Just looked at Iowa's next 7 games. If they can't make that a 7-0 or 6-1 stretch....a Top 10 team should be able to handle that. That last 3 could be a 1-2 stretch.

Again, I have Iowa at 13-7 when all said and done because I have my doubts.
I think the B1G champ is gonna have 5 to 6 loses, which is gonna be borderline top 10, so you saying 13-7 isn't exactly like we're talking about apples and oranges here, we are talking about a difference in 1 or 2 games. If Iowa only loses 3 more games we are right in the thick of it.

AP ranking may mean zip, but it is still fun to watch and it provides something to discuss. This is a message board, right?

As an uneducated hack who just "sneezed" and had to wipe my ass, I still look at the AP poll from time to time and enjoy it. Thanks.
Discussion is great, but people are acting like it has a bearing on where this season goes and treat it like a crime if a team isn't ranked where they think they should be. Luckily, in basketball the polls don't affect post season anymore because the NCAA has come to it's senses and used a formulary system. Now we just need to do the same with football.

I think the B1G champ is gonna have 5 to 6 loses, which is gonna be borderline top 10, so you saying 13-7 isn't exactly like we're talking about apples and oranges here, we are talking about a difference in 1 or 2 games. If Iowa only loses 3 more games we are right in the thick of it.
I hope it is a 5-6 loss cushion....we will likely need every bit of it if we want to win the conference in the regular season.

Your “reality“ is incorrect. Every ranking system has Iowa in the Top 10...where they belong.
In normal a week of basketball, Iowa would have demoted outside of the top 10 (unless they were a Duke, Kentucky, MSU in a normal season....protecting the blue blood). That is all I'm saying. They got lucky so many ranked teams lost.

The good news is they are still there.....but they need to start proving it.

Latest posts