Hawks on Big Sports 590 this fall

It a mixed area for sure, I came from Iowa to Omaha 2 years ago and Omaha is pretty diverse in college teams. But literally you go an inch west of Omaha and its all Huskers.

Thanks for posting this. The hawks have been on 3 or 4 different stations since I've lived in Omaha. Most recently (season before last) they were on a channel that was a Spanish speaking music station for all of its other programming. 1420 (NICE!) Last year they weren't on ANY station in Omaha.

The nice thing about 590, other than it's a fox sports station , is that it has great range. My Mom used to listen to it in North Central Iowa when it was an oldies music station.

Interesting that they would do this in the heart of Husker land.

That side of the state only has two major cities, Sioux city and Counciltucky. For those in the southwestern part of the state it would take a station from Omaha to broadcast it for them to get it. 1110 carries the Huskers and just re-upped for another few years. Its a good pick up for 590 and those living in the southwest part of the state. I can imagine it gets pretty difficult to pick up Iowa games in that region considering the closest schools are Missouri, KU, KSUcks, and Nebraska.

I am happy about that... 1420 is a low power joke, Now we just need to get the BTN on basic cable which will happen by 2011 imho.

Can't people get the 1040 signal in Omaha for the games?

Sometimes, but I don't count on it. This is great for the western part of the state. I very rarely miss a game on TV or at the stadium, but at least I won't have to search forever to find the Hawks.

Latest posts