Hawks Are #5 This Morning In The Only Ranking That Counts

Fryowa

Administrator
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Please don't post any bullshit about the AP poll. It doesn't matter one tiny little iota. Nobody gives a F if they put us at #3 or #23. The NET rankings are all that counts.

ISU is 237th. Lolsies @ Xavier Foster. You want Steve Prohm? You can have all of him.

Those Ronald McDonald looking genetic defectives have won 5 out of their last 30 conference games and 0 conference games this season. Let that simmer in your brain....

Eat shit losers!!! How bout you and Nebraska go start your own two-team conference and stop disgracing the ones you currently inhabit. You could call it the, "Big-Our Shithole Towns Suck Ass And No Recruits Want To Come Here And Stare Out The Window At Empty Cornfields-2 Conference)

Net rankings are just part of it, but I agree, it's the only ranking that counts. I mean, if NET was the end all be all, Iowa would not have been listed as a 4 seed in the NCAA's early release of the top 16 seeds. They got docked for their mid season swoon and rightfully so IMO even tho the NET still ranked them in the top 10.

Also, yes, ISU and Nebraska suck and it's great.

Big 10 is 3-4-5-6 in NET and Kenpom. Just make sure we’re in 4 different Quads...and don’t put us with Baylor.

Edit - It’s actually quite remarkable we are 3-4-5-6 in this year’s BT with the gauntlet we all face every game.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

Please don't post any bullshit about the AP poll. It doesn't matter one tiny little iota. Nobody gives a F if they put us at #3 or #23. The NET rankings are all that counts.

ISU is 237th. Lolsies @ Xavier Foster. You want Steve Prohm? You can have all of him.

Those Ronald McDonald looking genetic defectives have won 5 out of their last 30 conference games and 0 conference games this season. Let that simmer in your brain....

Eat shit losers!!! How bout you and Nebraska go start your own two-team conference and stop disgracing the ones you currently inhabit. You could call it the, "Big-Our Shithole Towns Suck Ass And No Recruits Want To Come Here And Stare Out The Window At Empty Cornfields-2 Conference)
Iowa State is really, really bad. How did it happen??

iowa with most wins against ranked opponents!
The 'most wins against ranked opponents' was the most misleading of all the graphics shown during last night's Wisconsin game. It implies that Iowa has beaten 6 teams who now rank in the Top 25, which is BS. Iowa's '6 wins vs ranked teams' includes the win against NW, who was ranked at the time...NWestern! Not to mention 6-9 MN, 8-8 Rutgers, and the like. At last look, I think Iowa's only win vs a team CURRENTLY in the Top 25 is Wisconsin, but I could be wrong about that. In any event, it's very misleading.

The 'most wins against ranked opponents' was the most misleading of all the graphics shown during last night's Wisconsin game. It implies that Iowa has beaten 6 teams who now rank in the Top 25, which is BS. Iowa's '6 wins vs ranked teams' includes the win against NW, who was ranked at the time...NWestern! Not to mention 6-9 MN, 8-8 Rutgers, and the like. At last look, I think Iowa's only win vs a team CURRENTLY in the Top 25 is Wisconsin, but I could be wrong about that. In any event, it's very misleading.

Correct and Wisconsin may not be in the Top 25 a lot longer the way they are playing, either. But, I still think Iowa is more than capable of playing with any team in the country.

Colgate, the school not the toothpaste, is ranked 10th on that poll. They are 9-1 and have only played 3 different schools Holy Cross, Boston U, and Army with the 1 loss against Army.

Colgate, the school not the toothpaste, is ranked 10th on that poll. They are 9-1 and have only played 3 different schools Holy Cross, Boston U, and Army with the 1 loss against Army.
Doesn’t matter one bit.

Does

Not

Matter

The NET rankings determine seeding in the tournament...you could put DMACC at #10 and it wouldn’t make Iowa’s #5 and less or more important. Iowa’s seed is the only thing that matters heading into the tourney and the NET ranking is what decides it.

Doesn’t matter one bit.

Does

Not

Matter

The NET rankings determine seeding in the tournament...you could put DMACC at #10 and it wouldn’t make Iowa’s #5 and less or more important. Iowa’s seed is the only thing that matters heading into the tourney and the NET ranking is what decides it.

what does this have anything to do with my comment on Colgate?

Doesn’t matter one bit.

Does

Not

Matter

The NET ranking is not what determines seeding. They have a committee that does that.

Iowa State is really, really bad. How did it happen??
Steve Prohm happened!

During his time at ISU, Fred Hoiberg may very well have been the best coach in all of D1. He took a lot of heat and derision for the "using the transfer market like it's the NBA free agent market" strategy but, guess what? Dude made it work and I for one was jealous as hell. They won bunches of meaningful games, won the conference tourney a couple times, and also made (I think) 2 sweet 16 runs.

I watch a lot of NBA - specifically, the Nuggets, so every game I see Monte Morris (who is one hell of a player, btw) and then a shocking number of Hoiberg era ex-Cyclones that get good minutes. Ol' Fred was doing something right.

Steve Prohm? I don't think he's a bad coach. I bet he crops back up at another mid-major type program after the Clones finally let him go and I'll double down on that bet and say I bet he has success. But trying to build a consistent high major winner in Ames, IA? That's really frickin' hard. You can say the same thing about Iowa City. Both programs need a little extra sumpin' sumpin' to have success. I think Fran has shown he's just a bit above that mythical bar. Prohm is definitely below it.

I have to wonder if ISU goes after Darian DeVries at Drake. He seems to be one hell of a coach, at least at the mid major level...but how many ISU boosters are carrying McDermott scar tissue? Then again, Creighton is likely to be putting up a statue of Gregg McDermott someday, so even that may not be as cut and dried as it seems.

Latest posts