Hawks against the World! Refs against the rest of the B10

tmurph2643

This is just my theory.. and I agree that the calls of the officials did NOT impact the outcome of the game on Saturday.

However, the entire country is cheering for Iowa to lose for the same reasons a lot of people want Cincy, Boise and TCU to lose. They don't think Iowa belongs. It is just the way it is and Bob Davies showed us that on Saturday.

As for the refs.. Iowa is the only shot the b10 has of sending someone to the NC game. Therefore, I am pretty sure there will be some home cookin from the officials from here on out. I am even calling it at tOSU.

Just some thoughts.

You know, I have to agree. I have never seen so many haters, as I have recently on some of these college football boards. I guess if that goes along with winning, then bring it on!
Year end, year out it seems as though if you are not Florida, Texas, Alabama or USC....you don't belong in the BCS picture....it's that simple. Look how a one-loss Oregon team moved ahead of us in the AP poll tonight, and a two-loss USC team, who has gotten beaten badly twice-once by a nobody, and yet they ONLY fallen to 12th, four spots behind us! We will never get a fair-shake from the national sportswriters, so we will have to earn anything we get. Heaven forbid we lose the Ohio state game, we might just fall out of the top 25 if some of these sportswriters have their way.

NEXT WEEK-is big!
Hopefully we come out fired-up a little more ready to play against a dangerous Northwestern team, than what we did against Indiana. You can bet they will be fired up to play us, and they HAVE had some success against us recently-namely last years 5-point loss. First order of business, has to be-Beat Northwestern!
Second order of business-Cheer on the Nittany Lions of Penn State. They will be hosting the Buckeyes in Happy Valley....and there would be nothing better for our Hawkeyes than to see Ohio State get their second big-ten loss, before we show up a week later in Columbus at the horseshoe. That would take some of the pressure off of us-having to win (of course we do still want to) But that's still a tall order. Besides, If OSU loses they are more likely to come out flat against Iowa, than they would if everything is riding on this one game. Worst case scenario if Iowa loses that game, and has to come back home to beat Minnesota-Would likely cause a tie for the big-ten title with Penn-State...Obviously not a bad deal, since we already own that tie-breaker.
The easier method would obviously be just win all 3 games, the big ten title (to ourself)....and screw up everybody else's BCS title hopes. GO HAWKS!!!

Gee the refs must have been out to get the Goofers . BTN announcer said that was the most penalties in school history. Hard to believe they still won.

Correct and if you look at USC- Signature Wins??? Notre Dame?? and OSU from the lowly B10??? Uhh ok double standard anyone?

Now Oregon is the best team in the country because why?? Because they are beating up on lower tier Pac 10 teams?? Because they beat now 2 loss USC??? Because their only loss is to Boise State?? Or is it because of their impressive early season home 2 point win vs B10 powerhouse and winner of 3 games Purdue? Uhh double standard???

I'm not saying Oregon couldn't handle anyone. I'm not even saying that they are not playing the best ball right now. I am saying there is no substantial proof of that other than they pass the eyeball test lately. Then again so does Houston at times.

Ask yourself is oregon really playing better than 1 loss Penn state? Yes? No? Proof?? Oh that's right because the B10 is weak and Penn State lost to over rated Iowa. Forgot about that.

Is the Pac 10 really better than the B10 right now?? Oh that's right they are because of those Rose Bowls played in their back yard.

Granted over the past several seasons USC has been the best team in either conference. Flat out I will give the media that. The rest of the conference however has been no better than the B10 and arguably not even as good top to bottom.

USC=OSU. Still very good but not dominant.
Oregon= PSU.

We will have to see where Iowa ends up on this list, however to this point Iowa has survived a schedule than any of them. To date we have beaten our Boise's and Washingtons but we still have a few in front of us.

Latest posts