Hawkins - CBS Reporting He's Fired

"Hawkins made nearly $1.5 million this season in base salary and incentives, less than every coach in the Big 12 except Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads. His buyout is around $2 million." - That will need to change if they want to hang on to him. If he leaves, they go back to worse than MAC teams (they are barely above right now in my book)

Wonder if this helps ISU's chances or hurts them?

seriously? it completely helps ISU. just think what kind of practice those players are going to have this week. there will be no focus. they will be talking about who the new coach will be, wondering who's thinking about transfering, is Cody gonna go with him? no way they have their heads in the game. not to mention they already have nothing to play for. If ISU plays like they did this last week, they will win by 30+

"Hawkins made nearly $1.5 million this season in base salary and incentives, less than every coach in the Big 12 except Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads. His buyout is around $2 million." - That will need to change if they want to hang on to him. If he leaves, they go back to worse than MAC teams (they are barely above right now in my book)

you're an idiot

Note to coaches: if you want to keep your job, don't lose a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter.

CU football has been a disaster for what, a decade now? I'm not sure it's going to get better any time soon, regardless of whether they had stayed in the Big 12.

The key is, obviously, making the right hire. But considering that Hawkins helped with Boise St's rise, I'm not sure what kind of coach they'll look to get.

Latest posts