Hawkeyes Season Ends with Overtime Loss to Michigan

I can't believe some people are saying Michigan is going to make an NCAA run. I'm not basing this comment on yesterday's game. I hate teams (in the NCAA Tournament) with guards that can't make FTs. Michigan's primary ball handlers can't make FTs. That will be their undoing IMO.

This was the worst display of defense all year. They should have lost by 20.

I'm not sure about worst, but it was very bad. Last night's shooting was proof how big of a joke it was that every single team this year was on fire before Michigan. Last night's shooting performance should have happened 10 other times this year. But it may very well be the first time a team missed wide open shots against us. This post isn't to defend our defense. It's to say we were also a bit unlucky that every single team had a good shooting night.

Sadly/ineptly/ironically.....this season will be remembered by a missed free throw.

Sadly/ineptly/ironically.....this season will be remembered by a missed free throw.

Unfortunately, that's probably not the case. A pretty bad, average, or pretty good season would be remembered for the free throw. This season was too bad to not be remembered for being bad. A great season would probably overshadow the free throw too. Anything in the middle just isn't memorable enough to stand the test of time like the free throw will.

Who would’ve thought Iowa would give Michigan a better game than Nebraska (ok, that’s thinkable) and Michigan State.

I can't believe some people are saying Michigan is going to make an NCAA run. I'm not basing this comment on yesterday's game. I hate teams (in the NCAA Tournament) with guards that can't make FTs. Michigan's primary ball handlers can't make FTs. That will be their undoing IMO.
I still believe what I posted here. Now that Michigan won the BTT I don't know what to think of Purdue and Michigan State in the NCAA. I am not overly impressed with any other specific team or conference either. I haven't even seen the field/pairings yet and already feel like my brackets are a mess by the end of the first weekend.

Edit - And Ohio State... Are they good against everyone not named Penn State or are they a pretender? I'm so confused.

I still believe what I posted here. Now that Michigan won the BTT I don't know what to think of Purdue and Michigan State in the NCAA. I am not overly impressed with any other specific team or conference either. I haven't even seen the field/pairings yet and already feel like my brackets are a mess by the end of the first weekend.

Edit - And Ohio State... Are they good against everyone not named Penn State or are they a pretender? I'm so confused.

This might be one of Beilein's better teams. At West Virginia, he regularly made the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight and the Final Four once. Not too shabby because they played in the Big East.....

I liked watching Michigan play this season, I was impressed by their defense early in the BIg. The D might be their best quality. They also have excellent teamwork, passing the ball around, screening and using motion to keep the opponent's D off balance. Wagner, the Teutonic Warrior has improved all season and is very talented. Duncan Robinson would be starting on any other team. He is MrClutch. Wish we would have realized that in the Tournament, and guarded him closely in the OT.....

Depending on the luck of the draw, they could be Elite Eight bound. They, Ohio State and Michigan State should advance in the Dance. Purdue is somewhat iffy right now, and has a history of leaving the party early lately, I believe.....

The Wolverine D and teamwork and outside marksmanship make them dangerous. Beilein usually has many snipers on the team.....

The Big Ten didn't do well in last year's Dance. Ohio State and Michigan State should do well this year. We shall see.....

:cool:

I'm not sure about worst, but it was very bad. Last night's shooting was proof how big of a joke it was that every single team this year was on fire before Michigan. Last night's shooting performance should have happened 10 other times this year. But it may very well be the first time a team missed wide open shots against us. This post isn't to defend our defense. It's to say we were also a bit unlucky that every single team had a good shooting night.
A couple of nights of teams shooting good is "unlucky". When it happens 70% of the season....it's not their luck. It's our poor defense.

I don't see any BIG team making it to the Final Four. Purdue has the best shot, IMO.

This might be one of Beilein's better teams. At West Virginia, he regularly made the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight and the Final Four once. Not too shabby because they played in the Big East.....

I liked watching Michigan play this season, I was impressed by their defense early in the BIg. The D might be their best quality. They also have excellent teamwork, passing the ball around, screening and using motion to keep the opponent's D off balance. Wagner, the Teutonic Warrior has improved all season and is very talented. Duncan Robinson would be starting on any other team. He is MrClutch. Wish we would have realized that in the Tournament, and guarded him closely in the OT.....

Depending on the luck of the draw, they could be Elite Eight bound. They, Ohio State and Michigan State should advance in the Dance. Purdue is somewhat iffy right now, and has a history of leaving the party early lately, I believe.....

The Wolverine D and teamwork and outside marksmanship make them dangerous. Beilein usually has many snipers on the team.....

The Big Ten didn't do well in last year's Dance. Ohio State and Michigan State should do well this year. We shall see.....

:cool:
I hope Ohio State wins it all. When I was in Vegas in October I bet them at 250-1. I also have Villanova at 25-1. I think it's safe to say my final bet on Iowa at 200-1 is a loser.

When in doubt I go with the coaches. So I will likely have Michigan State, Duke and Villanova (seems to lose early or make a run) winning a few.