Hawkeyes No. 25 in Preseason AP Poll

Honestly with the experience we have on the OL and Kirk's ability to teach them to execute and the stable of horses in the RB room we should be able to run the ball down people's throat sans a couple teams on our schedule. We shouldn't need any offensive wizardry from the OC. But I bet that doesn't come to pass. It most definitely should in my view.
KF remains an elite OL coach, but with the changes to the blocking rules, all but taking out cut blocking, it is really hard to run the ball down a team's throat the way Iowa could 15-20 years ago. I also think we have good talent on the experienced OL, but probably don't have elite talent as we have in some years.

I don't think we need (or have) a wizard at OC, but we just need a good technical designer of an offensive scheme and somebody who can call a good game. BF had neither skill. I believe Lester will.

UCLA’s new exhausting reality
Travel time and Cost

• Aug. 31: Hawai’i (2,550)
  • Sep. 21: LSU (1,605)
  • Oct. 5: Penn State (2,250)
  • Oct. 19: Rutgers (2,445)
  • Nov. 2: Nebraska (1,275)
  • Nov. 15: Washington (960)
That comes out to a little over 22,000 miles

Damn
Duke my friend, I have not looked up any of this, but on the face of what you have written in this post, there are some real math issues. First, are you suggesting that any D1 football program has agreed to 6 away games? If so, then that would be the first time that has ever happened ever. Please advise.

Second, I did not break out my calculator, but you have six away games with mileage for each. The rough average of the 6 trips looks to be a smidge over 2,000 miles. 6 X 2,000 is 12,000.

Regards,
Your High School Math Teacher :):)

FWIW, IAFB plays one team ranked in the preseason Top 25 - Ohio State
Yep, the schedule is very doable. I honestly do not see many candidates that will work their way into being ranked. I guess maybe Wisky or ISU if things come together? Maybe Nebbie if their QB is legit? There are a lot of 6-6ish teams on the schedule this year.

Duke my friend, I have not looked up any of this, but on the face of what you have written in this post, there are some real math issues. First, are you suggesting that any D1 football program has agreed to 6 away games? If so, then that would be the first time that has ever happened ever. Please advise.

Second, I did not break out my calculator, but you have six away games with mileage for each. The rough average of the 6 trips looks to be a smidge over 2,000 miles. 6 X 2,000 is 12,000.

Regards,
Your High School Math Teacher :):)

The Athlete's Math was rounded off

The SIX UCLA Round Trip Away Games this season total mileage is 22,170

They choose to round it off to 22,000 miles

Happy Sails to You...

Sailboat Racing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If you need confirmation to the SIX AWAY GAMES THIS SEASON, Kindly check the schedule...

Sincerely: YourBestPal: Duke

Last edited:
Yes, I did look that up. I guess when you are UCLA and you draw 25k for a home game, you will trade one of those for a trip to Hawaii. That is a brutal schedule for a brand new coach who already appears to be over his head. Hopefully, that team is broken by the time Iowa gets there.

Yes, I did look that up. I guess when you are UCLA and you draw 25k for a home game, you will trade one of those for a trip to Hawaii. That is a brutal schedule for a brand new coach who already appears to be over his head. Hopefully, that team is broken by the time Iowa gets there.

One would think they would. be a bit travel weary

I believe the last time we played in LA we killed usc

KF remains an elite OL coach, but with the changes to the blocking rules, all but taking out cut blocking, it is really hard to run the ball down a team's throat the way Iowa could 15-20 years ago. I also think we have good talent on the experienced OL, but probably don't have elite talent as we have in some years.

I don't think we need (or have) a wizard at OC, but we just need a good technical designer of an offensive scheme and somebody who can call a good game. BF had neither skill. I believe Lester will.
Yes most definitely. He was slow to realize that they had to evolve off of doing that cut blocking. We got dinged a few times for it the last couple yrs. Guys doing it out of habit or whatever. I was never a fan of it to begin with. I want my Olineman to stay on their feet and not diving at peoples legs anyway. How many defensive guys got hurt from that tactic over the yrs? Way too many. They shoulda done away with it a long time ago.

Latest posts