Hawkeyes Make Case for No. 1 Ranking

Looks like this will happen today

Obviously not the top goal, but a special accomplishment none the less

We do not get taken seriously very often. Hope the ranking just raises our desire to prove them wrong. I think we are looking like a final four team so far. We look pretty well-developed.

Pretty unfortunate. Teams don't normally jump over than many undefeated teams.

Not unfortunate at all.

S. Carolina beat, correct that, demolished Notre Dame and Maryland, previously ranked 10th and 14th. It's not like they beat 2 cupcakes and one highly ranked team.

Love the Hawks, but S. Carolina is better at this point. But at this point it doesn't matter. Way to early.

If Iowa would have been ranked number 1, I’m sure Staley would have some racial comment to make. So at least we were spared that.

Might be best all the way around

Number One is a highly prized target

Every team in America wants to topple Number One

Number 2-10 is not as prestigious

At any rate, it is only a number

Say What

Not unfortunate at all.

S. Carolina beat, correct that, demolished Notre Dame and Maryland, previously ranked 10th and 14th. It's not like they beat 2 cupcakes and one highly ranked team.

Love the Hawks, but S. Carolina is better at this point. But at this point it doesn't matter. Way to early.
It's unfortunate in the sense that Iowa could demolish two top 5 team every week and there's no way they're jumping south Carolina until they lose.

We'll wait and see if Notre Dame and Maryland were any good to start with. Hard to believe they jumped us and I believe that's what you call the Staley effect. I really doubt SC goes undefeated. Hawks in a very good spot to just hang out and watch what happens.

Notre Dame is missing their top notch PG. Olivia Miles injured her leg towards the end of the season last year and she isn't back yet. I'm sure all those voters took that into account. Sure they did.

Looking at the rankings it looks like south Carolina beat the 16th and 20th ranked teams and Iowa beat the 9th ranked team. I think our resume is more impressive but it's close.

You could make a case for a new team at number 1 with the best player in the game (who's also advancing your sport) or you could make a case for the team who spent the last two years at number one and will continue to make your sport look like a joke who only has a couple teams that are worth a shit. Both are solid options.

I think it's close as well. With that, you would think they vote would be close.

Nope. SC got 23 1st place votes and Iowa 13.

Latest posts