Hawkeyes land 4-star RB from Florida

ICHawk24

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...r-recruit-karan-higdon/18095031/?sf33104952=1

Karan Higdon, a four-star running back from Riverview High School in Sarasota, Fla., committed to the Hawkeyes Tuesday evening according to several national recruiting sites. Iowa assistant Chris White was the lead recruiter on the 5-foot-10, 190-pound Higdon, who was once committed to South Florida but had a change of heart.

Higdon had scholarship offers from 19 Division I schools, and picked the Hawkeyes over Arizona, Arkansas and Kentucky.

Great pickup and great news after all that has been going on here the last week and a half. It's been a lot f hard stuff talked about during the bye week. I'm not calling anybody out, it needed to be addressed and I've been a contributor. This news is probably the best we've heard the last 10 days. Now who's going to be the first to start a thread about us not using him because he's talented.

5'10" / 190, 4* (or 5'10" / 180, 3* if you trust Scout). Either way ... sort of "slight" for RB, so, definitely will need to redshirt to get his "frosh-15" on. Then, he's gonna sit behind:
Daniels for 1 year;
Parker for 1 more year;
(possibly) Markel Smith for another year after that;

Hope to see him on the field sometime in 2018, that is, only if he can pick up a blitz.

That's weird... Good news and hardly anybody wants to comment. This is a huge pickup for the class.

That's weird... Good news and hardly anybody wants to comment. This is a huge pickup for the class.

This is a huge pickup for the program. We need to upgrade the RB position, and I do think we are looking better as a program with Daniels, Canzeri, Parker, Higdon, and hopefully Markel Smith as well.

Grats, and welcome. It is good to see the great work that the coaching staff is doing in recruiting. Also this is a very good decision made by this player to join this program. Nothing is better than wearing the black and gold!

Great news. It's just hard to get too excited about a young man who likely will get redshirted and not take a meaningful snap until 2016. A lot of time/games until then.

We need to win Saturday. A loss would be...well...bad. This team needs something to build on given the string of events that have happened in the last 11 days...including the showing on the field in MD. I absolutely hate how much unknown is going on with this team/program.

That said, this is still very good news and hopefully we can start to get more talent coming in.

3* on Rivals tho...
not concerned about his size. Nebby's Abdulla was overlooked as a rb bu alot of schools and he has turned out good. Good news for a change. As much as I ****** off about why Willies left. At the end of the day,he quit on himself and the program. Only a only a RS fresh. he had plenty of pt coming and he took his ball and ran.

airbhg2.jpg

I like us getting Florida kids
No doubt. In another thread where we were talking about BF and recruiting I'd been saying I'd love to see more of an effort in the south. It's where the studs are and to not try is terrible. So this is awesome. He sounds like a pretty darn good kid top 30 RB in the country with a bunch of offers. Can catch passes out of the backfield from what I saw on highlight tape. Can't have enough fast quick rbs. He and Markel Smith should shore up that possision in the class there along with the Olineman and QBs the future playmakers are all coming into play except one position but I can't quite put my finger on which one.......

This is bigger than most people think. This kid has some serious talent and is an incredible student so very low risk.

not concerned about his size. Nebby's Abdulla was overlooked as a rb bu alot of schools and he has turned out good. Good news for a change. As much as I ****** off about why Willies left. At the end of the day,he quit on himself and the program. Only a only a RS fresh. he had plenty of pt coming and he took his ball and ran.

You're a b*tch if you truly are going after a 2nd year college student for choosing a huge LIFE decision for himself. Playing time wasn't the only factor, I swear some of the stuff I read on here sounds like you guys never went through college and don't think about that there's more going on in everyone's life than football...

Latest posts