Hawkeyes Don’t Quit, Top Spartans

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
A lot of people left the Iowa football team for dead on Saturday and more than once. In the end, the team found a way to win a possible season changing game

More...

I'ma call SoundOff and give you the business today, JD. What do you want me to ask?

Ugly offensively but Hawks win a good one! The defense continues to impress. Wiesman gets another hundred and a TD. This may be a up and down year but next year holds a lot of hope.

Totally agree on hats off to Parker and Morgan. This defensive unit has really impressed and is the real deal. After that early TD they really tightened things up. The defensive line was great today. Nice pressure put on Maxwell and that tipped pass at the end was great timing.

I really like how Parker will mix up the blitzes as well. Iowa has a nice group of linebackers as well.

Great Win by Defense and line play on both sides. Still completely baffled by Vandenburg's decision making process. At this point in his career I expected him to play like Kirk Cousins did last year. He still has a good arm... always has, but it's like he hasn't learned anything in four years of college football. He misses open receivers, can't execute a simple screen pass or a quarterback sneak, has enormous problems with blitzes, and on third downs he throws to receivers that have no chance to make a first down. Sure, some of it is on the receivers and the new offense, but when do those excuses get old?

It was a GREAT win.
The D and special teams played very very well. I was surprised they shut our run game down for the whole first half, but it was not for lack of effort on the Hawks part. Saw a few bad angles on the back side (or they just did not want to take Bell on). WE HAVE TO GET OUR PASSING GAME GOING.
Good win and the players deserve it.
I was way off on the score, and like I said was surprised they held the run game up so well in the first half. So I was wrong on the rushing yards as well, but I never doubted, we could win this game.
So I will say it again, just for you Vin, GO GET HAWKS! :)

Iowa could have made offensive improvements during the bye week that won't show up for a bit as it played the best defense it will see all year and one of the ten best in the country....or it could still have a lot of issues. I think next week v PSU will be another slugfest.

best dadgum 4-2 team in the country

When you call in from out of state, you often get on pretty qucily. I used to call in back in the 80's and got on every time. I'd call tonight but I honestly don't have anything to ask.

best dadgum 4-2 team in the country

When you call in from out of state, you often get on pretty qucily. I used to call in back in the 80's and got on every time. I'd call tonight but I honestly don't have anything to ask.

I mulled it over, and I don't have a decent question either. I mean, I could ask something stupid liek, "Yeah Jon, do you think we'll see Ruddock if teh Hokks go up by 21 vs Penn state next saturday?" but where would that get me?

I mulled it over, and I don't have a decent question either. I mean, I could ask something stupid liek, "Yeah Jon, do you think we'll see Ruddock if teh Hokks go up by 21 vs Penn state next saturday?" but where would that get me?

"Thanks for the call Scorpio, Jim, why don't you take this one..."

"Thanks Jon, Bullock is going to get some carries but I just have to say it's great to be a Hawkeye and this team just doesn't know the meaning of the word of down."

"that wasn't m........."

"now on the line we have Tim on I-80 who wants to ask Jim about some obscure restaurant in Downer's Grove, ILL"

Latest posts