Hawkeye Pledge Patrick McCaffery Working on Game, D.J. Carton

Do hope PMac doesn't cross the line in recruiting DJ. You do it too much and it could start to annoy and turn DJ off.

Do hope PMac doesn't cross the line in recruiting DJ. You do it too much and it could start to annoy and turn DJ off.
I don't see that happening. It sounds like they're pretty close. If DJ gets tired of it he'll just tell him. It sounds like Patrick drops little nuggets here and there but they talk about all kinds of stuff.

I don't get the sense that's the case at all and DJ said as much in my interview with him.

I agree but do you think DJ would come out and say so in an interview even if it was the case? Most people's human nature would make them diplomatic on that subject.

the guy visiting tomorrow, Keion Brooks, played on a team with the younger McCaffery. Apparently, whether he comes to Iowa or not, Patrick doesn't appear to be turning him off.

the guy visiting tomorrow, Keion Brooks, played on a team with the younger McCaffery. Apparently, whether he comes to Iowa or not, Patrick doesn't appear to be turning him off.
I’m not sure they were ever on the same team but they were both at the same camp for the USA U18 team.

The real strength of Iowa’s relationship with Brooks I believe comes from the work Andrew Francis has been putting in with him and his family.