Hawkeye Express

yes, people take small coolers on all the time (not sure their policy says yes, but no one is checking contents). Open container is not allowed, but no one is really policing it either.

We have carried coolers and bags on to the train. Never stopped. Have not carried an open beer on to the train, but have opened one once sat down. If you are bringing kids (12 and under) they are free, but you still have to get them a ticket from the ticket booth.

So, my girlfriend got us these tickets and she wants to ride the express, but we dont really know anyone else at the game, so where is the best place to go tailgate and have some fun?

So, my girlfriend got us these tickets and she wants to ride the express, but we dont really know anyone else at the game, so where is the best place to go tailgate and have some fun?

Considered poor form to just show up at someone's tailgate without an invite. Perhaps someone here can help you out in that regard.
Post pics of your girlfriend below and I'll see what I can do.
kthx

Considered poor form to just show up at someone's tailgate without an invite. Perhaps someone here can help you out in that regard.
Post pics of your girlfriend below and I'll see what I can do.
kthx

My brother and I are heading to our first Iowa game this weekend and plan on using the express and bringing some small coolers we can carry. Is it really bad form to wander into tailgate areas if you don't know someone there? Serious question. We just wanna have a few, walk around a bit, then head into the stadium.

Not bad form at all. When you get off the train, walk up the steps and there will be plenty of areas within 100 yards where you can hang out and enjoy the tailgating atmosphere without actually crashing someone's tailgate.

Have fun.

Not bad form at all. When you get off the train, walk up the steps and there will be plenty of areas within 100 yards where you can hang out and enjoy the tailgating atmosphere without actually crashing someone's tailgate.

Have fun.

Thanks man, we're looking forward to it.

Random tailgaters are always welcomed by 99.8% of Hawk fans, as long as you bring your own beverages.Not sure what you would do with those coolers once you head to the stadium, though.

Random tailgaters are always welcomed by 99.8% of Hawk fans, as long as you bring your own beverages.Not sure what you would do with those coolers once you head to the stadium, though.

That was a concern I had too. We're going to get a few small styrofoam ones and just throw them away.

The OP may be a mole - expect hightened security this saturday. Just hang out by the boarding location, scarf up the discarded beer that they can't take with them. LOL.

Latest posts