Harris Poll Drops Iowa to 8th

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Harris: 8th (one first place vote, and I guarantee its Jim Walden)
Coaches: 8th

Iowa will have also improved in the Computer polls this week over last week, IMO...so I think they will be 5th this week in the BCS...or no worse than where they were a week ago at 6

I take satisfaction in the winning. I really don't care what the polls say. 12-0 or 11-1 they have to end up in a good bowl someplace. If I remember right at the start of the season Iowa was being picked for a 3rd place finish in the Big 10.

As I said in another thread, I believe Iowa's BCS number will be about .798. This would have put us 5th in last week's poll, and that's where I see us this week. We may move up to 4th since we gained ground on Boise St in both polls and probably gained ground on them in the computers as well (though it would tough to move up from where we were last week). I'm just glad point spread isn't allowed to count in the computer rankings.

Edit: This is based on my assumption that we will average out to .92 (an average placement of exactly 3), rather than .94 (where we were last week, an average placement of 2.5). If we do hit the same computer number as last week, our number will be about .805 (.80489). If we hit the higher number, I think we will be 4th in the BCS. If we are a 2.75 average in the computers, we will get .93 in the computers which would give us .801. In short, our three most likely numbers are .798 (probably 5th), .801 (5th or 4th), and .805 (probably 4th).
That is all.

Last edited:
This season is just setting it up so that when we go undefeated next year we'll play for the title.