Governors Jindal and Branstad make Outback Bowl wager aimed at helping the hungry

HawkeyeHypnosis

http://m.ksla.com/#!/newsDetail/24338830

From article:

BATON ROUGE, LA - Iowa Gov. Terry E. Branstad and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal today announced they have made a friendly wager on the Outback Bowl aimed at helping feed the hungry in Iowa and Louisiana. The 2014 Outback Bowl featuring the University of Iowa Hawkeyes and the Louisiana State University Tigers will be played on January 1, 2014, in Tampa, FL.

If the Iowa Hawkeyes beat the LSU Tigers, Gov. Jindal will donate 100 pounds of Louisiana seafood to an Iowa food bank and another 100 pounds of Louisiana seafood to a Louisiana food bank. If the LSU Tigers beat the Iowa Hawkeyes, Gov. Branstad will donate 100 pounds of Iowa pork to a Louisiana food bank and another 100 pounds of Iowa pork to an Iowa food bank.

Well, the problem becomes by the time the 100lbs of seafood or pork hits the food bank in Louisiana there will be about about 5 pounds left. You know, everyone's got their hand in the pork in Louisiana...no pun intended.

Seriously though, good job to both.......should of been 500 pounds.

Should "have" been. Should "have" been. Anyway, as a devout Christian, I am opposed to all gambling and given that this wager involves multiple states, I hope that President Obama arrests both parties and imprisons them on federal racketeering and wire fraud charges.

The Governor of Iowa betting pork on a football game? Wonder if that has ever happened before....

If it doesn't involve Terry putting up his moustache, then I'm not interested in any wager.

Latest posts