Good Tailgate Invitation

SouthernBumpkin

I like this email even though he forgot about Moeaki and I don't know how accurate the stats are.

Let me ask you a couple of questions:

Are you done crying and moaning about the Iowa football team's record this year? We have three loses thus far and that is well within the realm of possibilities established at the beginning of the year. In fact, 4 losses are within that realm. Think about it. Last year's team went 11-2 and graduated 7 players into the NFL of which 4 (Angerer, Bulaga, Spievey, Edds) have started or might have started as rookies (AJ Edds tore his ACL in training camp) . That's 32% of your starting offense and defense lost to the NFL, and we are ****** because they didn't exceed last year's record. In hindsight that seems pretty unreasonable. It seems even more unreasonable considering they could have easily lost 4 games last year (see MSU and especially see Northern Iowa). In 2009, Iowa overachieved. If we win out (big if) we end with the record we should have had last year. Northern Iowa gave us a gift in 2009.

Are you over the loss to Northwestern? Screw Northwestern, that's the biggest game of their season. I am moving on to Ohio State.

Are you prepared to pull Jim Tressel's sweatervest over his head and charlie horse the crap out of his back? I personally hate this guy, his sweatervest, and his light adjusting eyeglasses. He has owned us and the rest of the Big Ten since the beginning of the decade. In fact, we have only beaten Ohio State 2x in my lifetime and 5x in the past 50 years. A win against this team is huge.

Do you want to tailgate on Saturday? This is the last game of the year at Kinnick Stadium, meaning its the last Iowa Football game many of us will see in person for 10+ months. Come February 25 or even April 14 are you going to be feeling sorry for yourself thinking about how much a group of 18-21 year olds let down you in the fall of 2010; or are you going to be wishing it was football season and there was an Iowa game to go to on Saturday? It's senior day and this group has given Iowa its 2nd best stretch of football in school history including Iowa's first and only BCS bowl victory. Let's all drink some beers and tear up Kinnick Stadium this Saturday. If you are of this mind set, meet me by the Iowa River in front of the library for beers and food. I'll be there at 8:30 AM preparing myself the only way I know how to watch the Iowa Hawkeyes do something that doesn't happen very often. Beat Ohio State.

(PS: Forward this on to anyone else who might want to join us)

Latest posts