Good Recruiting or not good

iamahawkeye

I think iowa is really going to have good class next year i heard it is supposed to be top 15 in the nation and it will help alot for this program

I haven't seen it ranked that high. I have seen it ranked in the top 20's. I like all four of them coming in and I think everyone hopes we can get a playmaking pg as well. It should add some good depth to the core of players we have coming back.

I don't believe it is in the top half of the big ten is it?

Not sure where it stacks up in the big 10, but I have seen it consistently in the top 20-30 in the nation. By far the best class Lick has signed to this point, so hopefully improvement is being made in the recruiting department. That's really all I am going to debate about the recruiting class, as I know it could go on and on.

Van Coleman is the only one that has it in the top 25,I believe. Most services have Iowa 6th or 7th in the Big Ten...good class,not great. OSU is #1 or #2..Ill and MSU are hovering around top 5, Purdue is top 20,Wisc, IU,Minny,Mich,PSU and Iowa are in the next tier.

I noticed that Iowa bb spent about an average of 120k /yr on recruiting the last three years...seems like a lot considering most of the players we get are local,midwest kids, cept for Fuller. Football spent about 240k this last year,and got 21 kids from all over the country...interesting.

Not sure where it stacks up in the big 10, but I have seen it consistently in the top 20-30 in the nation. By far the best class Lick has signed to this point, so hopefully improvement is being made in the recruiting department. That's really all I am going to debate about the recruiting class, as I know it could go on and on.

Would you mind sharing with all of us this golden piece of information? Because Iowa's recruiting class isn't in anyone's top 25 as far as I can see.

Scout has 3 Big10 teams in the top 25, Iowa isn't one of them.

Iowa isn't in ESPNs top 25.

Iowa isn't in Rivals top 25.

I think iowa is really going to have good class next year i heard it is supposed to be top 15 in the nation and it will help alot for this program

I would call this good recruiting. It could be much worse. Locking these kids up early was key and that shows good commitment from the staff.

We are in Van Coleman's top 20; I respect his opinion,but he is definitely an Iowa homer. Don't think we are in anyone else's. And I strongly believe the rating of classes in BB is far more accurate than FB.

We are in Van Coleman's top 20; I respect his opinion,but he is definitely an Iowa homer. Don't think we are in anyone else's. And I strongly believe the rating of classes in BB is far more accurate than FB.

Not so sure there joemc1. Tucker was considered the top player in MN and quite frankly, he was a bust. Big time :eek:

I've seen it ranked 25th on one site and 20th on another site. Let's just call it 22.5th, and call it good.

Some of these players are "blowing up" in their senior year. The more I read of them the better I feel. I just posted I didn't think they were in the top half of the big ten. It doesn't matter as once they get here they prove it on the floor.

I've seen us ranked 145th and 190th....but of course without linking any site I guess you'll just have to trust me?

According to Van's own website there are 31 unique teams (many with more than 1) that are signing a higher rated player than Iowa (#55 Larson). Our next highest player is Brust at #108 so how he is coming up with Iowa as a top 20 recruiting class is some nice smoke and mirrors along with a little Kool-Aid to wash it down. NO CHANCE that Iowa will have a top 30 class.

Tucker was not the player of the year in MN, that was Taylor at Wisky; neither one was ranked as a top recruit nationally, so I dont get your point.

Not so sure there joemc1. Tucker was considered the top player in MN and quite frankly, he was a bust. Big time :eek:

Rivals had Bergrenn out of Minny in 08 at #74...he is at Wsky.
Rivals had Taylor out of minny in 08 at #124..he is at wisky
Rivals did not have Tucker in their top 150...

Taylor was Mr. BB that year.
Tucker was just not in the same league as these two guys.

Latest posts