Good Read

Bleacher Report gets blasted alot -- and many times rightfully so -- but this article sums up pretty much my entire feelings on the topic.

A great read indeed.

It puts the blame squarely where it needs to be -- on the head coach. This is precisely why I believe Iowa must decline any bowl invitation. The changes necessary to return to competitiveness in 2011 and beyond need to begin now.

Outstanding article! People have a misconception about how good KF's record actually is - distorted by 4 top-10 finishes, a miraculous Cap One finish and an Orange Bowl victory against a one-dimensional team. In actuality, if they do not win a bowl game, they will finish out of the top-25 50% of the time under Ferentz (6/12). Not exactly stellar stuff, there.

Great read. Too bad none of it will happen, as I posted a few days ago I don't believe any major shake up will occur, even though it's pain stakingly necessary. Ferentz is god in too many people's eyes. The only change could be Norm retiring.

Spot on analysis of Iowa's defensive scheme, personnel needs and "failures" this year.

If Nielson hadn't gone down it may have been enough but we never will know.

The Norm factor is so important, how much was he missed?

The bottom line question really is how, and will, Ferentz make adjustments when something like this presents itself again.

The track record over the years does not really suggest anything different.

Decline a bowl bid? If you honestly think this, I really feel sorry for you.

It puts the blame squarely where it needs to be -- on the head coach. This is precisely why I believe Iowa must decline any bowl invitation. The changes necessary to return to competitiveness in 2011 and beyond need to begin now.

No can do. You accept an invite for the extra practices alone.

That doesn't mean any of us actually have to watch the undeserved BS.

Would have been almost a nearly perfect article, except it stopped short in actually naming the assistant coaches who need to go, and why.

C'mon man, if you're going to imply it, you might as well take it all the way...don't woose out with "assistant coaches" need to go.

Great article and completely accurate. Not calling for KF's head but some changes need to be made we pay top price for a average program!!

Latest posts