Good News = Greenwood is fine

ohiowa89

Banned
Practicing and expected to be 100%.

We need a power runner to spell Wegher and Rogers could be that man (230lbs).

Wegher + Paki + Rogers - ARob = comfort

That is great news! Keeping the defense intact is much more important than keeping the offense together. The Hawks have shown that they can adjust and play without all its key parts on offense. But the depth chart is not as deep or talented on the defensive side. Hopefully the D can carry us to victory again if the offense is unable to score on a regular basis.

Go Hawks!

Practicing and expected to be 100%.

We need a power runner to spell Wegher and Rogers could be that man (230lbs).

Wegher + Paki + Rogers - ARob = comfort

Just curious, but how are you comfortable with a RB you have never seen run the ball in a college game? Granted, i'm comfortable with Wegher and Paki spelling him, and I think Rogers APPEARS to be a good bruising type back, but those high school videos are against HIGH SCHOOLERS! love the confidence in the guy, i really do, but lets see him earn his carries at game speed before we jump the gun on him.

That is great news! Keeping the defense intact is much more important than keeping the offense together. The Hawks have shown that they can adjust and play without all its key parts on offense. But the depth chart is not as deep or talented on the defensive side. Hopefully the D can carry us to victory again if the offense is unable to score on a regular basis.

Go Hawks!

Agreed, the Defense intact is more important. Ala 2004. Is Clayborn the new Matt Roth w/o the crazy facepaint?

Agreed, the Defense intact is more important. Ala 2004. Is Clayborn the new Matt Roth w/o the crazy facepaint?

Clayborn is the new Clayborn...he reminds me of an SEC type DL and he is bad ***...I love how dadynasty brought the soccer terminology...fyi for you soccerphobes in soccer someone is always the new someone from the past or even the new someone currently playing...

Getting Greenwood back for Indiana might be the most important one. Sandeman and Robinson would be huge, but Indy is gonna throw the rock a lot and Brett is the guy we want back there for that.

Now who is gonna be catching punts? Amari is the next in line, but man, if we lose him? Yikes...

good point. I know wegher returned punts and was damn good at it in HS, but same scenario. although, you can't play your season expecting someone to get hurt. If a game is not out of hand, you put your best team forward. You can play it safe when the game has been decided.

Let DJK return the punts! Is that worth the risk? I know 99% of Hawk fans have been waiting since he committed to see him run wild and touch the ball as often as possible. I guarantee he won't say no if asked to return punts.

Just curious, but how are you comfortable with a RB you have never seen run the ball in a college game? Granted, i'm comfortable with Wegher and Paki spelling him, and I think Rogers APPEARS to be a good bruising type back, but those high school videos are against HIGH SCHOOLERS! love the confidence in the guy, i really do, but lets see him earn his carries at game speed before we jump the gun on him.

Yeah, but we never saw A-Rob or Wegher before this season either, and they've done ok.

No point worrying much about it anyway!

Yeah, but we never saw A-Rob or Wegher before this season either, and they've done ok.

No point worrying much about it anyway!

Very true. We also didn't have high expectations and they have exceeded them. I think the same concept is warranted. I think the guy looks great, totally different runner than the current 2, should be interesting. Just thinking he needs brought in slowly is all.

Clayborn is the new Clayborn...he reminds me of an SEC type DL and he is bad ***...I love how dadynasty brought the soccer terminology...fyi for you soccerphobes in soccer someone is always the new someone from the past or even the new someone currently playing...

What is this soccer you speak of?

Kirk said punt returning would more like be Spievey and Sash. Said DJK just has not taken to punt returning well.

Yea the only problem is, Paki is garbage. I mean I'm from Cedar Rapids and I root for him, but he has NO explosiveness and doesn't even resemble an Iowa RB... So let's just pray Wegher is alright!

In my opinion, I think Wegher will take 3/4 of the snaps on Saturday, with Paki or someone spelling him a few times. There isn't a reason to do a Running Back by Committee when there is a pretty big drop off in talent from #1, to #2 and so on. Brandon Wegher deserves all the chances in the world to earn a straight up starting spot. I'd rather see him start and like I said, play 3/4 of the snaps.

As far as Greenwood, that's great news! I'm glad he's going to be alright! I didn't feel to good with that #20 Safety back there ( Name slips my mind ).

I love A Rob, and Dace but Greenwood was my biggest concern. Vandevelde is high quality. Wegher is high quality (although I think Robinson was more consistent). I think Morse can also get some carries and be productive.

Greenwood and Sash are our last line of defense and and rock solid tandem. I feel comfortable with those two back there no matter who is throwing the ball. Greenwood practicing is great news.

Latest posts