Good GOD, Wisconsin is good

They are very good. Should make a return trip to the Final Four unless they end up as a 2 seed in the same bracket as Kentucky or Virginia.

Wisconsin should easily win every game until their last 4. They end the season on a pretty tough stretch playing @Maryland, @MSU, home against Minnesota, and then end with @Ohio State. If they can survive that by running the table the rest of the way heading into the BTT, they could probably lose their first game and still be a #1 seed. I absolutely hate them being so good but dang are they fun to watch. Simply beautiful basketball.

They are very good. Should make a return trip to the Final Four unless they end up as a 2 seed in the same bracket as Kentucky or Virginia.[/QUOTE

Unless they choke, they wouldn't be a 2 seed in Kentucky's bracket. They can beat anyone in the country right now. Frank K is freaking good.

They are very good. Should make a return trip to the Final Four unless they end up as a 2 seed in the same bracket as Kentucky or Virginia.[/QUOTE

Unless they choke, they wouldn't be a 2 seed in Kentucky's bracket. They can beat anyone in the country right now. Frank K is freaking good.

Sad thing is frank is a big, ugly, skinny, gangly goofball who developed. We got one of those on our team, and, well......

Sad thing is frank is a big, ugly, skinny, gangly goofball who developed. We got one of those on our team, and, well......

And well...

White

FR = 11.1 PPG & 5.7 RPG
SO = 12.8 PPG & 6.2 RPG
JR = 12.8 PPG & 6.7 RPG
SR = 15.0 PPG & 6.6 RPG

Kaminsky

FR = 1.8 PPG & 1.4 RPG
SO = 4.2 PPG & 1.8 RPG
JR = 13.9 PPG & 6.3 RPG
SR = 17.8 PPG & 8.1 RPG

Kaminsky is an All American this year. And he got hot late last season. But over the 4 year career I'll take White. This is especially true considering where we were and what we needed 4 years ago.

Wisconsin should easily win every game until their last 4. They end the season on a pretty tough stretch playing @Maryland, @MSU, home against Minnesota, and then end with @Ohio State. If they can survive that by running the table the rest of the way heading into the BTT, they could probably lose their first game and still be a #1 seed. I absolutely hate them being so good but dang are they fun to watch. Simply beautiful basketball.

There's a good chance they lose at least 1 and quite possibly 2 of these road games. But they're still very good. I think what the Badgers have last year and this year is offensive fire power. They don't have to rely completely on their defense and a slow tempo. They can flat out score...which is different than the Wisconsin of old.

And well...

White

FR = 11.1 PPG & 5.7 RPG
SO = 12.8 PPG & 6.2 RPG
JR = 12.8 PPG & 6.7 RPG
SR = 15.0 PPG & 6.6 RPG

Kaminsky

FR = 1.8 PPG & 1.4 RPG
SO = 4.2 PPG & 1.8 RPG
JR = 13.9 PPG & 6.3 RPG
SR = 17.8 PPG & 8.1 RPG

Kaminsky is an All American this year. And he got hot late last season. But over the 4 year career I'll take White. This is especially true considering where we were and what we needed 4 years ago.

You aren't taking into consideration what Kaminsky can do for his teammates. Teams have to guard him 20 feet from the basket. Teams don't have to do that for Aaron. I'm not bagging on Aaron because he's been great for the program, but there is no comparison between the two.

And well...

White

FR = 11.1 PPG & 5.7 RPG
SO = 12.8 PPG & 6.2 RPG
JR = 12.8 PPG & 6.7 RPG
SR = 15.0 PPG & 6.6 RPG

Kaminsky

FR = 1.8 PPG & 1.4 RPG
SO = 4.2 PPG & 1.8 RPG
JR = 13.9 PPG & 6.3 RPG
SR = 17.8 PPG & 8.1 RPG

White has had a fantastic career but those stats don't tell the entire story.

White was given boatloads of minutes his frosh and soph years while Kaminsky had a pretty good player in front of him his first two years in Berggren. Obviously the stats would be lower. Kaminsky was one of the most dominant players last year and is probably the nations best player this year. White isn't on that level

You aren't taking into consideration what Kaminsky can do for his teammates. Teams have to guard him 20 feet from the basket. Teams don't have to do that for Aaron. I'm not bagging on Aaron because he's been great for the program, but there is no comparison between the two.

Actually I am taking all of that into consideration. Kaminsky is an All American. I said as much. But White has been consistent throughout his career; has improved each year; and is what we needed 4 years ago. We couldn't afford to wait 2 years on Kaminsky.

White has had a fantastic career but those stats don't tell the entire story.

White was given boatloads of minutes his frosh and soph years while Kaminsky had a pretty good player in front of him his first two years in Berggren. Obviously the stats would be lower. Kaminsky was one of the most dominant players last year and is probably the nations best player this year. White isn't on that level

You're right that he had a pretty good player ahead of him. But I remember him as a freshman and sophomore. He would not have impacted the game much.

White is good and has had a terrific career.. Kaminsky didn't start out as strong, but FK is the better player NOW.

And yeah, I agree with the premise of this thread. Even without Jackson, Wisconsin ate our lunch for us twice this year. They're the cream of the Big Ten and will go deep in the NCAA's, unless something really weird happens.

Anyone remember those goofy rec specs that Frank used to sport? I remember a game his Freshmen or sophomore year the lens popped out and they had to stop the game for it. It wasn't against the Hawks, can't remember who.

Frank was a gangly goofball who had no impact for 2 1/2 seasons. Then he blew up. How's about woody?

I thought the comparison was going to be about Kaminsky and Woody. Woody hasn't developed like we had hoped but if we didn't have him we would be hurting.

I thought the comparison was going to be about Kaminsky and Woody. Woody hasn't developed like we had hoped but if we didn't have him we would be hurting.

I assumed the reference was White since they are in the same class. And I agree we would be hurting big time without Woodbury. I think Woodbury will average double figure scoring next year when he's not splitting time with a very talented Olaseni.

Latest posts