Good For ISU

NeilDiamond

They are such a sad sack program and it is nice to see the sun shin on a........every now and then. PR seems to be a class guy.

I agree guys. Paul Rhodes is a good guy and he's a local boy. Hard not to like him. I'm as big of a Hawkeye fan as they come... but I'm also loyal to the state. As long ISU isn't playin the Hawks I'll root for them. Some of their fans are downright crazy but what team doesn't have fans like that? Even though the Big12 North is terrible, the Cyclones winning helps our strength of schedule which could be key come bowl selection time. That being said, Nebraska did more to lose that game than ISU did to win it. Gotta give a team credit for creating turnovers, but whenever any Division 1 football team has 8 turnovers they lose the game. Awful performance by Nebraska, and a stingy win for ISU. Congrats.

Very, very happy for CPR and some of my friends that have been lifelong and suffering ISU fans...just spoke to one that told me its the happiest day of his life...and I believe him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see ISU go after NE like they use to go after Iowa. Iowa - ISU will always be a big game, but this is the first time in many years ISU has not given up after an early season Iowa loss.

Congrats to the Clones...that's a BIG win AND it helps Iowa's standing in the BCS...I guess Nebraska football really IS back...to square one...

Its impossible to not like Paul Rhoades - guy is a class act. Good for the clones. As an added bonus Nebraska is miserable and it helps our SOS :)

Seriously, that's the biggest win in terms of advancing the program...since the bowl win over Pitt back in 2000. Just HUGELY important to Rhoads and ISU in terms of building a little momentum. Now the focus shifts to picking up one more win, at least, to get bowl eligible. Making a bowl after having lost 10 straight under Chiz last year...would be one helluva accomplishment.

Latest posts