Going with no center was a horrible move

RocknRollface

Clemmons horrible ballhandling was at least as much to blame I get that but going small just killed Iowa.

Iowa D was great up to that point and then it fell apart.

You have two lane cloggers and you decide to keep them both on the bench while MSU proceeds to get to the rack, get rebounds and score in the post when they were not able to do that all game against you real bigs.

This move has cost Iowa games all year at the end. Its just stupid.

Like I indicated Fran has a way of over thinking things and my biggest concern tonight was his lineup choices and not making changes quick enough.. Tonight it bit us again..

He choked. Hes afraid they will make some mistake or something but they both play well all game especially on D when we really need a stop he goes with McCabe and MSU just eats him alive.

Between the refs, 8,000's Iowa turnovers and Fran's strange line-ups, this game (among other's) is going to hurt a long time until next November (because, seriously, **** football)

I will be interested to hear Fran's explanation for that move. I thought Gabe or Woody should have gotten time down the stretch, as it clogs the middle. MSU's guards weren't afraid to go down the lane at the end.

Doesn't matter that Woody and Olaseni are not offensive threats. Nobody else was the second half. If Fran is benching them because of their lack of offense, he is somehow forgetting their defensive expertise......

Tough one to figure.....

We couldn't get an open shot most of the second half anyway......

Doesn't matter that Woody and Olaseni are not offensive threats. Nobody else was the second half. If Fran is benching them because of their lack of offense, he is somehow forgetting their defensive expertise......

Tough one to figure.....

We couldn't get an open shot most of the second half anyway......

Woody left with 15 some minutes left in the game and never returned.
Olaseni left with 9 minutes left in the game and never returned.

I think the time when Olaseni left is when the run by MSU started?

Yeah Fran has 300 wins but doesn't know how to coach. We lost to a better team people. Turnovers killed us. They didn't break under pressure an we did. I think we should be in the dance but prob won't. But I'm excited for the nit if do an next yr!!!go Hawks

Yeah Fran has 300 wins but doesn't know how to coach. We lost to a better team people. Turnovers killed us. They didn't break under pressure an we did. I think we should be in the dance but prob won't. But I'm excited for the nit if do an next yr!!!go Hawks

Just because a guy makes bad substitution decisions does not mean he can't coach. For some inexplicable reason he thinks McCabe Oglesby and May are the guys who will bring us home the close win. I am absolutely amazed at the impact Woody has on interior defense but late in games we continue to get abused inside with him on the bench.

The whole 300 wins an can't coach was a joke to all those here complaining. He's a hell of a coach.

The whole 300 wins an can't coach was a joke to all those here complaining. He's a hell of a coach.

A record of past success does not indicate an absence of abberations. In addition, with nearly two decades at this vocation, accumulating 300 victories is not, in and of itself, that momentous of an exploit, certainly not to the degree it will absolve him of any errors presently commissioned.

Additionally, appreciating the coach's benefaction to the basketball program is not mutually exclusive to legitimate criticism.

Agree...I kept screaming get Woodbury on the floor.

I am surprised you didn't hear me screaming the same thing. I also think Mike Gesell injuring his foot again and having to sit during their "rally" hurt but not as much as sitting Woody and Greg Olaseni......

Latest posts