Going Forward

longtimer

Iowa as we suspected is a second division team that won't make the tournament. They play hard and undoubtedly will win a couple of big games. Lot of empty seats tonight and looking at our schedule the next 3 games will have a whole lot more. Nothing ends a program like empty seats

As mediocre as they are this year how good will they be next year after Murray turns pro?

Iowa as we suspected is a second division team that won't make the tournament. They play hard and undoubtedly will win a couple of big games. Lot of empty seats tonight and looking at our schedule the next 3 games will have a whole lot more. Nothing ends a program like empty seats

As mediocre as they are this year how good will they be next year after Murray turns pro?
Well we saw a game without Murray and another where he killed us on offense until the game was out of reach. So I'd say we will be good enough to compete against top 10 teams. Possibly even beat them if our guys get better and our 2 recruits are good.

I'm still putting them into the Big Dance as I see enough there for a low seed, but it was not encouraging to see the same old problems on defense (minus the 3/4 press that has been good) giving up 3 after 3. Rebounding was abysmal.

Iowa fans getting tired of Lucy pulling the football away....and probably still skeptical after the waxing in the Oregon game last year with the Player of the Year.

As i posted earlier in the week Iowa is a second division team. And maybe a deep second division. I know a lot of you think there is potential but frankly I just don't see it. Basketball is guard oriented these days and our guards are just not talented. Of course neither is the rest of the team. I have to say I have never seen a worse rebounding team at this level

Bottom line is the same old thing year after year under McCaffrey. Lack of talent overall and very mediocre coaching by Fran. Iowa State is an example of a well coached team that can play tough defense with not great talent

The next three home games will be watched by very few As I have said before empty seats is the fastest way to kill a program and this one is on life support

I realize changing coaches might not work but Iowa in the past has had some success with Ralph and Lute and others . I hope this is the last year for McCaffrey as he has no hope of ever winning a championship or making a run in the tournament

This team can do neither and we won't be any better in the future with Fran