Give me 5 reasons why a recruit choses Iowa.

jeberhardt

I grew up in Mt. Pleasant, so all I've ever known is Iowa football, so I understand why an Iowa high school football player wants to play for Iowa. However if you are a 3 or 4 star recruit from out of state and you have a few offers from BCS schools including Iowa, what incentives does Iowa offer over other schools.

If I am a recruit from Florida, Chicago, Texas etc. Why do I want to move to IC and play for Kirk Ferentz? Give me five reasons why you chose Iowa over any one? If you are an 18 year old high school senior out of state watching Iowa the last couple of years how can you see anything appealing about playing there? Would you chose Iowa over Wisconsin? Nebraska? Michigan? Mizzou? Michigan State? etc.

The only reason I can see is if you look at how many Iowa players have ended up in the NFL over the last 5-6 years. However that still is not a huge percentage of the players on the field. It's going to be a long off-season.

1. It's warmer than Minnesota.
2. Stable coaching staff.
3. Get prepared for a career in the NFL.
4. We can use you because we are just little ol' Iowa.
5. We have a good bowl record.

I only need to have two, NFL and Consistency. If you come to Iowa, you're pretty much ensured you'll go to 4 maybe 5 bowls if you redshirt. we have been bowl eligible every year under Ferentz.

you get a lot of exposure, and great gifts. kids like those shopping sprees they get now.

*Excellent school which if you take advantage of your academic opportunity will generate a nationally respected degree

*Learn a professional approach to the game

*Play in a pro style system especially offensively

*Compete in the B1G

*Kinnick

*Far more players in the NFL than one would ever expect

Okay that's six, and I have more but I hope I helped a little bit.

1:) Stability I do think this lands us a few recruits knowing who is going to be here.
2:) NFL players
3:) Pro System
4:) 12 straight bowl games.
5:) Big Fan Base
6:) Pancheros
7:) Education
8:) Party School
9:) Only real football program in the state
10:) Did I mention pancheros

hate to split hairs but.... we have been bowl eligible 11 out of 12 years under KF and have gone to 10 bowl games.

1. NFL prepared
2. Coaching Stability
3. Coaching Prestige
4. Bowl games
5. Fan Base/Kinnick
6. Big Ten Conference

In that order.

1. Kirk has many different flavors of chewing gum to choose from.
2. We are not that "sexy" so our standards are a little more tolerant and flexible.
3. When you become a starting upperclassman, you will most likely never lose that starting spot to back-ups (even if they are more talented).
4. Plenty of practice to work on a few schemes the right way.
5. You can make the NFL even with 8-5 records in this program.

I've only got three reasons for ya. But they carry a lot of weight.

National

Football

League

Yep, the NFL thing should be slammed in recruits heads. I didn't know we were as high as we were in producing NFL talant compared to other schools as a die hard Hawkeye so obviously recruits who know nothing of Iowa don't know this.

Every player should be told you come here and succeed, and we are good at helping you do so, you will make a lot of money once you are done here.

That said, I'm sure every coach that recruits is making sure everyone they want knows this. Otherwise they are dumb.

Latest posts