Gesell

ottoman89

Honest question, am I the only one here who feels we'd be better without Gesell? He was a great recruit but seems like he's never improved or improving.. I feel like in close games and clutch situations that he's always turning the ball over or getting himself stuck helplessly in the air.

He can facilitate and play solid Defense but he's an absolute killer sometimes.

No. We would be a lot worse with Clemmons as our full time pg. and he was pretty clutch during the North Carolina game last year along with others

No, but that is not saying a lot. He can give some really good moments, but he thinks he is better and taller than he is.

Iowa wouldn't be better without him, but I can't believe some of the **** he still does as a senior who's played a ton of minutes.

Honest question, am I the only one here who feels we'd be better without Gesell? He was a great recruit but seems like he's never improved or improving.. I feel like in close games and clutch situations that he's always turning the ball over or getting himself stuck helplessly in the air.

Couldn't disagree more. The one player we couldn't replace if he got hurt.
JU is a great talent but if you don't have a reliable PG (and Clemmons is not) then it's a long season.

Wow, did we watch the same game? Iowa was lost without Mike on the court. Clemmons was not getting the offense started. Plus Mike hit some clutch baskets to keep them in the game and had some unbelievable steals and kick out passes for run out layups. Iowa would have had No Chance without him tonight.

He had some dumb turnovers tonight, but no, Iowa would not be better without him. Iowa will get a good feel for Gessell's value next year after he's gone.

Overall I like Mike....but he's the most unclutch free throw shooter I've ever seen...
His free throw shooting motion is not the best. But I'm with you, I like him out there more times than not. I look at the team and wonder who will be the point guard next year?

Coach needs a better play when hold I ng for final shot. Dribbling around for 30 seconds with a crappy pass or turnover hasnt done the job. Come on coach.. Do your homework and try something different. Run a play!!!

Coach needs a better play when hold I ng for final shot. Dribbling around for 30 seconds with a crappy pass or turnover hasnt done the job. Come on coach.. Do your homework and try something different. Run a play!!!

If the FSU guy wouldn't have stepped down to help, Woody would have had a dunk, because he had his guy pinned and it would have looked like a great play. The ball just hit the backboard. It looked like he just lost the handle.

Anybody that believes we are better without Gesell needs to go back and watch the Dayton game. IOWA wins that game without Gesell on the bench with foul trouble for most of the game.

Exactly ^^^^. From day one Fran has been really good coming out of timeouts, changing defenses or dialing up a play, but his idea of running a last shot play at the end of the half or game is very lacking.

Whether Marble, Gesell, or others the play is just standing there dribbling and bleeding clock then dribbling into a double team and getting nothing positive.

Just run your motion passing offense like you did in overtime last nite and I think those situations will turn out better.

Yeah wow, Gesell is not perfect, but we need him on the floor. I actually think he should consider shooting a little more. He has a solid mid range game.

Exactly ^^^^. From day one Fran has been really good coming out of timeouts, changing defenses or dialing up a play, but his idea of running a last shot play at the end of the half or game is very lacking.

Whether Marble, Gesell, or others the play is just standing there dribbling and bleeding clock then dribbling into a double team and getting nothing positive.

Just run your motion passing offense like you did in overtime last nite and I think those situations will turn out better.

You can't run the offense there. If you do, you risk shooting too early and giving them a shot.

Biggest concern were his 4 turnovers and Clemmons chipped in 3. 7 of our 12. Jok had 2 as well.

Latest posts