Garza and free throws

Niemo

Anybody have the stats from previous years? Man, he is struggling at the line. When he was missing, he was missing long. Now someone figured that out and told him and now he's missing short. He might be averaging 2-3 more ppg if he got back in the upper 70s.

And in previous years did he not dribble at the line, like he does now?

Also, I'll bet he has twice as many fouls on the offensive side of the court but so many are crap calls. The illegal screens are usually accurate but most everything else he's getting robbed

I have noticed that he is off target a little more than earlier in the season. But it may be that just the physicality of the season is wearing on him a bit. I know he has a high motor and he is not superhuman. He more than makes up for it. I’m confident he’ll get it back soon.

He is playng 30 percent more minutes and getting almost 30 percent more attempts. Last year defenders hung on Cook. This year he is the focus. Not much dif than his Frosh year on percent though.

Good reason to return next year- to work on free throw shooting.......seriously, really hard to find any fault given the ultra high level he is playing at this year.

Anybody have the stats from previous years?
D9176-C47-5293-495-A-8937-53-B6-D8-E615-AD.png

He getting six more minutes a game, carrying way more of the load, and playing the most physically demanding position on the court. I don’t expect him to maintain .800.

I don't think it has anything to do with fatigue because he misses at the beginning of games too. Also one of the first games of the year, an announcer talked about Garza struggling at the line. It didn't make sense at first when he said it because he shot so well last year. Then I realized he meant Garza struggled during the off season.

He should step away from line a few steps, probably would be more consistent from deeper the way he shoots.

Latest posts