Games you just can't lose

HaydenHawk56

Let these punks come into your building and punk you again for the 2nd time in the season. I will say this, 16-14 Purdue sure does look bigger and more athletic than us. But, you gotta get it done at this juncture in the season. Playing for seeding and you can't drop these type of games.

Disappointing.

I think it’s time to sit Wieskamp and let him think about it for awhile. Right now he is not playing well enough to be a starter right now.

Garza, Kreiner, CMac, Fredrick, and Toussaint should be our starting line-up going forward.

Disappointing is right. Shitty game.
Don't lose sight of what this team can still accomplish though. Purdue had our number, sure, and Tennessee won at Kentucky tonight.
We can still get a sweet sixteen appearance or more.

This loss makes the regular season good instead of great. But it doesn't do shit to the post season. I just hope we dont get a 7 seed yet again. Either way it's been a damn fun season that is almost over. Which means spring is almost here.

This loss makes the regular season good instead of great. But it doesn't do shit to the post season. I just hope we dont get a 7 seed yet again. Either way it's been a damn fun season that is almost over. Which means spring is almost here.

Yeah that 7-10 seed line sucks. You’re basically getting an equal opponent in round 1 & if you win you very rarely get the benefit of an upset for an easier round 2 game. Rather be an 11.

But I will say this. If you have to play a 1 or 2 seed, I thinks it’s better to play them in round 2 than in the region semis when they have 5 days to get ready.

I think it’s time to sit Wieskamp and let him think about it for awhile. Right now he is not playing well enough to be a starter right now.

Garza, Kreiner, CMac, Fredrick, and Toussaint should be our starting line-up going forward.

Yep it’s time for him to sit.

can you imagine not having Garza in this team? Our starting center would be Kreiner and his back up's would be Pemsl and Till. We'd have about 6-8 wins on the year

I will be so happy to be done with the B1G and with the B1G tournament. I think we will do much better against teams that don’t know so much about us.

Great teams win those games.
Who's been touting this team as great? We're a walking triage this season yet still winning despite that. Iowa is good, not great. The opportunity to be great is still there and that didn't change last night. I might have made it less likely, but we don't know that. You don't either. This has been a fun season. Last night was disappointing but doesn't really change the fact that this has been a good year for Iowa despite a lot of things going wrong for it. Tough team, fun to watch, could be special if they stay together. Last night didn't change or erase any of that.

Hawks just couldn't adjust to the immediate double team on Garza. We needed to get the ball quickly back to the guy who now had nobody on him and attack the rim, but for a number of reasons we couldn't do it. I would think Illinois will watch the tape and double Garza immediately until the Hawks show they can exploit that. If your any opposing team looking to face the Hawks who are you worried about attacking the rim if you double Garza?

It seems that the ceiling for Fran basketball is a 7 seed. He's gotten us there half the time he's been here, to his credit. But, unless they find a way to beat the Illini in Champagne, or do something Fran has never done in the BTT, the ceiling will be hit again.

How the hell is that even possible. Every single team has been doubling Garza on the catch for 2 months
Purdue had the immediate aggressive double down that for the most part came so quick that Luka really had no chance to beat. Other teams have doubled him but I thought Purdue pulled it off to perfection for the most of the game. Luka's only option was to move away from the basket and take jumpers. Some of the other teams that have doubled him didn't execute it as well, Luka has been able to still score down low because they didn't double right away or didn't pressure him like Purdue was able to. It's a coaching thing to get your players to sell out like Purdue did against Luka because most defenders don't want to leave the guy their guarding because he is now wide open and will score. Purdue believed that nobody left open was going to be able to hurt them and they for the most part were right.

Just my two cents but when your playing a team that curb stomped you earlier in the year to the tune of 104-68, I think it's insulting to that team to consider it a "game you just can't lose". Purdue was hands down the better team at their place and to be honest last night wasn't even close. Regardless of their record I think its fair to say that after playing them twice they're simply better than us, and its not even close. I'm not saying that over the course of the season they're a better team and our records should be flipped, but they're a team we simply cannot match up with our personnel.

Every team looks bigger and more athletic than us....that's not a new revelation.

But we can typically beat those teams because we're so damn efficient on offense. We are one of the best cutting and screening teams in the country which is why we are so efficient.

Where it bogs down, though, is against teams like Purdue, MSU, and Wisky who clutch and grab our cutters and are taught to tap the elbow of every outside shot because it's rarely called. We were 0-3 against MSU and Purdue and probably should have lost to Wisky if not for getting super hot down the stretch.

I'm looking forward to the NCAAs where we can hopefully be matched up against teams that are unfamiliar with us and hopefully get away from the terrible officiating in the B1G that allows all the clutching and grabbing.

Latest posts