Game Story: Hawkeyes, Garza Keep it Rolling

Iowa up to 74th in KenPom defensive rating. That might not sound like much but, just a couple weeks ago, we were something like in the 130's (IIRC).

Man to man: it works.

You recall correctly.
It's a remarkable transformation. I guess you can say going from "bad" to "ok" is probably easier than going from "ok" to "good", but it's still very encouraging. This team is a completely different proposition over the last ~5 games than it was in the ~5 games prior to this little run. I don't think it's a fluke, either - material changes have been made (most notably, embracing man to man and only going to the matchup zone as an occasional curveball).

It's a remarkable transformation. I guess you can say going from "bad" to "ok" is probably easier than going from "ok" to "good", but it's still very encouraging. This team is a completely different proposition over the last ~5 games than it was in the ~5 games prior to this little run. I don't think it's a fluke, either - material changes have been made (most notably, embracing man to man and only going to the matchup zone as an occasional curveball).
Without CJ we would have lost to Penn State and be left wondering if he would have made a difference. Kinda like most of our other losses.

Latest posts