Game Report: Motivated Iowa Overwhelms Visiting Huskers Behind Wieskamp

Connor with 4 assists, 0 turnovers, 3 steals. That will help his already impressive stats.

I still think this team can win 3 or 4 of the remaining 7 if they can play with the energy they displayed against Nebraska

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 5.13.54 PM.png
Here are the standings heading into tonight's Northwestern at Rutgers game. So, give the Knights another win pulling them even with Iowa.

View attachment 6313
Here are the standings heading into tonight's Northwestern at Rutgers game. So, give the Knights another win pulling them even with Iowa.
...so says Rob as NW currently leads by 17 points. Go Cats!

Looking over those standings is mind boggling. An 11th or 12th placed team could easily end up 2nd or 3rd as close as the amount of Ls are and as competitive as the BIG is this year.

We often talk about Iowa’s schedule, unlucky timing of when we play certain teams, etc. We Nebraska on a 7 game losing streak and get Indiana on a 4 game losing streak... perfect timing IMO.

A Rutgers home loss to Northwestern would easily be more damaging than our road loss to Nebraska.

But Rutgers is probably going to survive a major scare, just like they did against Nebraska.

Look at those home and away records. The top 5 teams are the only 5 within a game of .500 on the road.
Nebraska is just bad and I think Indiana is going to be a desperate team on Thursday. I would have rather had them beat Purdue at home then lose. Doubt they lose two in a row at home.

Nebraska is just bad and I think Indiana is going to be a desperate team on Thursday. I would have rather had them beat Purdue at home then lose. Doubt they lose two in a row at home.
Have lost 4 straight and 2 were at home. The teams that worry me most have players that can give Luka problems inside. That’s not Indiana. And they’ve been desperate for awhile now. I don’t think being more desperate will help.

Have lost 4 straight and 2 were at home. The teams that worry me most have players that can give Luka problems inside. That’s not Indiana. And they’ve been desperate for awhile now. I don’t think being more desperate will help.
If having Bobby Knight in the building couldn't inspire them enough to beat their state rival they've got bigger problems then Luka Garza.

Indiana will have to shoot lights out to beat us and they are capable of doing it, but we have a decent recent history in that building.

The Hawkeyes moved up to spots to No. 28 in the Net Rankings.
It seems like this isn’t really used. The 1st NCAA “reveal” said Iowa, Kentucky and LSU generated the most discussion out of the teams not in the top 16. So the reveal commentary makes it sound like we’re a 5 seed. Our Net 30 (at the time) is a 7. Winning Quad 1 and Quad 2 games seems to carry the most weight. Thoughts anyone?

Latest posts