Game Report: Joe Toussaint Bounces Back in Blowout of Kennesaw St.

Toussaint was solid, still waiting to see what he can do in a real game as a starter. He got lazy on D a few times and I think is going to get in some foul trouble, especially considering how many he gets on offense.

I’m still not convinced Fran has full confidence in the kid. He just needs to let the game come to him. Move it and get it to our scorers and then pick his spots when to use his speed.

It may be a bit before he develops into a total PG. But the raw ability that he has certainly has a place out there. If he can stay out of foul trouble and keep some of the bad TOs cut down I love his tenacity. His pure quickness and speed coupled with his not backing down from anyone out there is awesome. If he could get a jump shot look out. He's been making his FTs so that's good. I want him driving and drawing fouls. He has a flair for making the splashy pass and also he's good at firing off just the simple one too. One was just a quick chest pass he made to Garza on the block. It wasn't fancy but it was quick. Most may have hesitated and then slowly bounced it to him but he fired it to him at his chest giving Garza a quickness advantage over the defender ever so slightly. He's a true frosh getting used to D1 ball still. He grew up in the street ball world of NYC and I'm sure it'll take a bit to adjust. Let's be patient with him.

He glides really fast and is strong.

Watching him and his speed reminds me of a Formula 1 car race I attended at Indianapolis a few years ago. Standing on the sharp infield turns your eyes can't believe the cars are going as fast as they around the corners, and still sticking to the race track. Amazing.

Can that be an Iowa Hawkeye on the court, never seen anything like it, such speed! Is he wearing the correct jersey?

He glides really fast and is strong.

Watching him and his speed reminds me of a Formula 1 car race I attended at Indianapolis a few years ago. Standing on the sharp infield turns your eyes can't believe the cars are going as fast as they around the corners, and still sticking to the race track. Amazing.

Can that be an Iowa Hawkeye on the court, never seen anything like it, such speed! Is he wearing the correct jersey?
Can you imagine how good he would be if he could shoot a jump shot ? Would he be at Iowa?

Can you imagine how good he would be if he could shoot a jump shot ? Would he be at Iowa?
I guess I haven't watched him play enough to have an opinion on whether his "shot" is salvageable or not, most are with competent coaching and hard work. But he is really strong to the basket, goes to it, with strength. That is shot and move lots of players his height are afraid of. Yes, if he could shoot average or above, we would be feeling bad about him going somewhere else where the high level talent goes. Look at Garza and how he has worked and improved! Touissant is tough and fast and a leader and a competitor, I will take those three, we haven't seen that much at Iowa at the PG position.

Latest posts