Game Report: Iowa Bounces Back Against Oral Roberts

It was a very good day for Iowa. The field hockey team beat Duke, and advanced to the elite 8. The men’s basketball team also played well and picked up a nice win.

Gotta shoot better than 57% from the line.
Saw progress last night.
Nunge and Weiskamp asserted a little - we need both to do so all the time.
2nd unit in 2nd half half assed their minutes...bench has to be ready to go.

As I wrote in my report, Fran was not happy with Toussaint’s shot selection in the second half. He yanked him right away and didn’t put him back in.

Fran also got pissed at Luka for a 3 he launched with about 18 seconds on the shot clock.

The Hawkeyes were decent last night. They were fortunate to be playing a team with no player taller than 6-8 so Garza could dominate. ORU had a fast guard who broke down Iowa’s D rather easily. He scored 25.

As I wrote in my report, Fran was not happy with Toussaint’s shot selection in the second half. He yanked him right away and didn’t put him back in.

Fran also got pissed at Luka for a 3 he launched with about 18 seconds on the shot clock.

The Hawkeyes were decent last night. They were fortunate to be playing a team with no player taller than 6-8 so Garza could dominate. ORU had a fast guard who broke down Iowa’s D rather easily. He scored 25.
I wish Fran would pull guys for blowing defensive assignments or turning the ball over. Bo Ryan used to do that all the time regardless of the player. He was brutally tough on Sam Dekker.

Just kind of funny that was the one play, and player Fran decided to send a message to.

I wish Fran would pull guys for blowing defensive assignments or turning the ball over. Bo Ryan used to do that all the time regardless of the player. He was brutally tough on Sam Dekker.

Just kind of funny that was the one play, and player Fran decided to send a message to.

He wouldn’t have anybody left to play. ;)

I'm not sure Fran would recognize what a blown defensive assignment looks like.

It seems that the real athletic guys never find success at Iowa. They called fran white magic, but I doubt he was that athletic in college compared the real athletic guys. Maybe he is set on a certain mind set of basketball success. Cook was pretty athletic, but he never really seemed to be coached up very good.